Is Day Z worth getting ?

tom_gr7

Life Serving
Anyone upset/disappointed it is going to be a stand alone? Surely it can only be a good thing?

defo a good thing mate, hes probably going to use Arma III's engine, that looks bloody good! Rocket will be able to do whatever he wants with the game, without being restricted to change things. Like the crazy zombie running, or the ease for hackers, or the stupid tents/vehicles making copies of everything.

A pain we have to buy dayz standalone, but the way i look at it, if we all didnt bother to buy arma II just for dayz, it wouldnt be happening. Plus its certainly the best game I've played for a long time.

steaky360

defo a good thing mate, hes probably going to use Arma III's engine, that looks bloody good! Rocket will be able to do whatever he wants with the game, without being restricted to change things. Like the crazy zombie running, or the ease for hackers, or the stupid tents/vehicles making copies of everything.

A pain we have to buy dayz standalone, but the way i look at it, if we all didnt bother to buy arma II just for dayz, it wouldnt be happening. Plus its certainly the best game I've played for a long time.

I almost feel bad 'not' buying Arma II just for dayz ;)

Not that bad though admittedly... I'm likely just going to wait now eagerly watching the website to look for progress updates!

Fear

Prolific Poster
With a bullet? :)

well it would be more to avoid said bullet ;) i got killed the last 2 nights on the run so i am very trigger happy at the moment if i see anyone i will be shooting first and well you know there will be no need for questions later lol.

Jack Guinea

Bright Spark
DayZ STANDALONE GAME!!!!

It has just been announced that the mod for ARMA is now being released as a "standalone game". I have been wanting to play DayZ for a while now but i have had so many problems that nones been able to help with so this is brilliant news for me and many others :D

steaky360

I have been following the DayZ thread on PCS and must admit I would really like to play the mod also. Although I am happier that its now going to be standalone so I don't need to purchase ARMA II just to play it! I wonder how long it will be before any solid information comes out (I am so impatient...).

tom_gr7

Life Serving
I was playing today, slowly making my way to the nw airfield, nearly got there.

Then suddenly was transported and dropped in the ocean by a hacker, i left the game before he shot us all, but then ended up on debug plains, then spawned on the coast again -.- luckily I had all my stuff!

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
What on earth someone gets out of that I will never know...just seems daft, pointless, all those things that go along with douchebaggery that will forever baffle me in gaming...

In a word, tossers :)

tom_gr7

Life Serving
lol I forgot about the guy that me and corfate failed to kill last night.

It was a dark dark night, in the middle of the woods, lost and confused we headed towards some lone buildings. made our way into a small building, shut the doors as all we wanted to do was make a fire and wait for the dark to go away........

So there we was sat there preparing our fireplace, then all of a sudden, a bandit yelled out "friendly? the two guys in the hut, you friendly?" Corfate went white with fear, whilst I quietly said, "yyeeeerrr we friendly.......please dont shoot us..... :surrender:"

The man opened the door, walked slowly into the room, with gear coming out of his ears......then said "you guys aint got nvg's"...........At that point staring at the bandit with all his gear.......my heart pounding........corfate's face still white, I could see his knees shaking.........

I suddenly screamed to corfate, "Kill him.... Kill him now!!".............we both opened fire.......I fired 30 rounds from my M16, whilst Corfate was firing his trusty Enfield.......yet the bandit still lived........he slowly turned to myself and said, " ya gonna get it now " ....... I continued to fire........ the bandit fired shots from a handgun into me, knocking me unconscious and breaking my leg......He then suddenly vanished from sight as the sly bandit pressed Alt-f4......leaving corfate to put on his medic hat and treat my wounds.........

hahaha

am done now, that happened last night, I think the guy alt-f4'd when he died!

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Are you hearing this, or is it typed?

And that is well intense tom, very dodgy B-movie horror film suspense :)

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
I think one issue atm would be exploiters and hackers, as they are able to be for all intents and porpoises invincible to the likes of us (well, you, as my hatchet would ofc take his head off...), which would hopefully go away with a stand alone game that incorporates a proper cheat prevention system (not that pile of pants that ArmA seems to use :) )

tom_gr7

Life Serving
which would hopefully go away with a stand alone game that incorporates a proper cheat prevention system (not that pile of pants that ArmA seems to use :) )

Well, lol as rocket has teamed up with Bohemia (who made arma) he's probably going to use battle eye too!

I do look forward to it, but I am very cynical and cant see it coming any time soon without the bugs, I also think this alpha may have turned into more a of a clever marketing idea/ploy to boost Arma II sales. It seems now we have to buy the dayz game with bugs etc, even though we bought arma for dayz with bugs.......

steaky360

lol I forgot about the guy that me and corfate failed to kill last night.

It was a dark dark night, in the middle of the woods, lost and confused we headed towards some lone buildings. made our way into a small building, shut the doors as all we wanted to do was make a fire and wait for the dark to go away........

So there we was sat there preparing our fireplace, then all of a sudden, a bandit yelled out "friendly? the two guys in the hut, you friendly?" Corfate went white with fear, whilst I quietly said, "yyeeeerrr we friendly.......please dont shoot us..... :surrender:"

The man opened the door, walked slowly into the room, with gear coming out of his ears......then said "you guys aint got nvg's"...........At that point staring at the bandit with all his gear.......my heart pounding........corfate's face still white, I could see his knees shaking.........

I suddenly screamed to corfate, "Kill him.... Kill him now!!".............we both opened fire.......I fired 30 rounds from my M16, whilst Corfate was firing his trusty Enfield.......yet the bandit still lived........he slowly turned to myself and said, " ya gonna get it now " ....... I continued to fire........ the bandit fired shots from a handgun into me, knocking me unconscious and breaking my leg......He then suddenly vanished from sight as the sly bandit pressed Alt-f4......leaving corfate to put on his medic hat and treat my wounds.........

hahaha

am done now, that happened last night, I think the guy alt-f4'd when he died!

I almost thought you were starting to write some fan-fiction type stuff there... But this is (Virtual) reality not fictional (virtual) reality :)

Well, lol as rocket has teamed up with Bohemia (who made arma) he's probably going to use battle eye too!

I do look forward to it, but I am very cynical and cant see it coming any time soon without the bugs, I also think this alpha may have turned into more a of a clever marketing idea/ploy to boost Arma II sales. It seems now we have to buy the dayz game with bugs etc, even though we bought arma for dayz with bugs.......

There will surely be an Alpha and Beta test phase for the stand alone DayZ game too though? Of course, it would be naive of me to assume this will stop the game being released buggy. It seems more and more modern games are being released with significant tweaks required before they become bug free.

Last edited:

Keenhail

Gold Level Poster
Playing this game at night is perfectly fine if you have someone to cover your back... But when you decide to go on at 2am to make sure everything is okay at your group's campsite & you think, what the hell I'll make a quick 2 minute run to the military tents and check for gear and then you suddenly hear gunshots ringing out from nowhere & not knowing WHO is shooting or better yet what they are shooting at is totally heart thumping

This is exactly what happened to me a few minutes ago, When you got someone with you at least you can ask was that you? I have never been more scared in my life and that was easily the fastest time I checked the tents at stary sobor xD

tom_gr7

Life Serving
if anyone needs help updating dayz and ARma patches let me know, I think ave cracked it.

edit - I applied the knowledge that fear handed to me..... :)

Last edited:

Viper

Gold Level Poster
Had my first real confrontation with a player today, saw a few zombies running like loonatics, so i layed low with my enfield, saw a guy with a rifle running out of a building and crouch looking at me, so i shot him, he fell to the floor and the zombies finished him off :tank: