Lockdown - What's Worth a Watch?

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
what is your opinion on films by Chris Nolan?
You mean loud explosions, whisper dialogue and constantly scrambling to turn the volume up and down so you don't deafen the neighbours or have to watch in subtitles?

Honestly love them just wish he would sort out the terrible sound mixing

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
I've got it set up on my Plex in that order, but haven't got around to starting it yet, it's a big investment, you have to seriously dedicate some time to it!
I was sent home from work middle of March last year and work were unable to get a laptop to me to work from home until mid-May, so I started the MCU run. I got down as far as the 3rd season of Agents of Shield before totally burning out. I haven't gone back to finish it! :oops: :LOL:

barlew

Godlike
So an update. I finished the latest season of Yellowstone and it ends on the most outrageous cliff hanger. I highly recommend everyone watches seasons 1 to 3!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Most of them yeah...though when I do a watchthrough, I don't always watch the Netflix series are, while being a part of the MCU, they don't advance the story as such...having said that, only Season 1 of Agents of Shield directly tied into the MCU movie universe (one episode dealt with the aftermath from Thos Dark World and the season finale dealt with Captain America Winter Soldier)..after that AOS went off and did it's own hing which I always felt was a shame though I understand their reasons
Ah, no, you have to watch the series episodes in the correct order with the movies as in the link above. It jumps about massively between all the series and movies to put them in perfect chronological order.

• Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)
  • Marvel's Agent Carter Season 1 (2015)
  • Marvel's Agent Carter Season 2 (2016)
  • Captain Marvel (2019)
  • Iron Man (2008)
  • Iron Man 2 (2010)
  • The Incredible Hulk (2008)
  • Thor (2011)
  • The Avengers (2012
  • Iron Man 3 (2013)
  • Thor: The Dark World (2013)
  • Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)
  • Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D Season 1 (2013)
  • Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)
  • Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017)
  • Daredevil Season 1 (2015)
  • Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)
  • Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D Season 2 (2014)
  • Ant-Man (2015)
  • Jessica Jones Season 1 (2015)
  • Daredevil Season 2 (2016)
  • Captain America: Civil War (2016)
  • Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D Season 3 (2015)
  • Luke Cage Season 1 (2016)
  • Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)
  • Doctor Strange (2016)
  • Black Panther (2018)
  • Iron Fist Season 1 (2017)
  • Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D Season 4 (2016)
  • The Defenders Season 1 (2017)
  • The Inhumans Season 1 (2017)
  • Thor: Ragnarok (2017)
  • The Punisher Season 1 (2017)
  • Jessica Jones Season 2 (2018)
  • Luke Cage Season 2 (2018)
  • Cloak and Dagger Season 1 (2018)
  • The Runaways Season 1 (2017)
  • Daredevil Season 3 (2018)
  • The Punisher Season 2 (2019)
  • Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D Season 5 (2017)
  • Iron Fist Season 2 (2018)
  • Ant-Man and The Wasp (2018)
  • Black Widow (2020)
  • Avengers Infinity War (2018)
  • Avengers: Endgame (2019)
  • Spiderman: Far From Home (2019)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hoping current situation is not going to delay production too much longer, looking forward to seeing second series of Picard, plus Strange New Worlds with Anson Mount, think he and Patrick Stewart best two captains.
I need to catch up on Picard before the next season, love the way it's heading. Patrick Stewart is a legend, both on screen and in real life, true gentleman.

Stephen M

Author Level
Ah, no, you have to watch the series episodes in the correct order with the movies as in the link above. It jumps about massively between all the series and movies to put them in perfect chronological order.

• Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)
  • Marvel's Agent Carter Season 1 (2015)
  • Marvel's Agent Carter Season 2 (2016)
  • Captain Marvel (2019)
  • Iron Man (2008)
  • Iron Man 2 (2010)
  • The Incredible Hulk (2008)
  • Thor (2011)
  • The Avengers (2012
  • Iron Man 3 (2013)
  • Thor: The Dark World (2013)
  • Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)
  • Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D Season 1 (2013)
  • Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)
  • Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017)
  • Daredevil Season 1 (2015)
  • Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)
  • Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D Season 2 (2014)
  • Ant-Man (2015)
  • Jessica Jones Season 1 (2015)
  • Daredevil Season 2 (2016)
  • Captain America: Civil War (2016)
  • Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D Season 3 (2015)
  • Luke Cage Season 1 (2016)
  • Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)
  • Doctor Strange (2016)
  • Black Panther (2018)
  • Iron Fist Season 1 (2017)
  • Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D Season 4 (2016)
  • The Defenders Season 1 (2017)
  • The Inhumans Season 1 (2017)
  • Thor: Ragnarok (2017)
  • The Punisher Season 1 (2017)
  • Jessica Jones Season 2 (2018)
  • Luke Cage Season 2 (2018)
  • Cloak and Dagger Season 1 (2018)
  • The Runaways Season 1 (2017)
  • Daredevil Season 3 (2018)
  • The Punisher Season 2 (2019)
  • Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D Season 5 (2017)
  • Iron Fist Season 2 (2018)
  • Ant-Man and The Wasp (2018)
  • Black Widow (2020)
  • Avengers Infinity War (2018)
  • Avengers: Endgame (2019)
  • Spiderman: Far From Home (2019)
Not sure about current lockdown, that lot would get me through the next Bubonic Plague outbreak as well.

Old_Timer

Bronze Level Poster
I must admit I downloaded all 5 Iplayer BBC "storyville" episodes about O J Simpson over the weekend and watched all in a single sitting. Totally absorbing story about a deeply flawed individual. If anyone's looking to spend 8 odd hours in front of their telly, I'd highly recommend it.

I'll probably watch it all again very soon. Had a profound effect on me

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
It was Terry Pratchett for me....got introduced to TP and Discworld back in Secondary School, around 1990 or so and have loved them ever since...used to sit and read them during University lectures (big lecture hall and high desk areas could hide a book!!). From the late 90s, my Nan and Grandad used to buy me a hardback of the newest Pratchett book for my Birthday and I'd usually finish it the next day. Have loved all his books but the earlier ones were the best of them....Reaper Man is still my favourite...just the though of DEATH working as a farm hand cracks me up :ROFLMAO:
Only just catching up with this particular thread. There was a lot of Pratchett reading in our household when I was growing up, my mother and sister are huge fans... to the point where my niece is named Esme (after Granny Weatherwax). I always preferred the Vimes books, Men at Arms and Night Watch are probably my favourites.

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Cannot remember which book but the reverse of the King Kong theme with the giant lady grabbing the ape was brilliant. Pratchett was brilliant with the way he could adapt known themes like that.
Moving Pictures.

• "'A giant woman carrying a screaming ape up a tall building'" - parody of the ending of King Kong, where the exact opposite happens. The Dean's later comment "'Twas beauty killed the beast'" is a direct quote from King Kong.
IMG_4299.jpg

Last edited: