My gaming room - incomplete!!

Bsrz

Rising Star
new monitor stands, headphone stand, and astro a40 2013s :D
the stands are great they swivel tilt pivot rotate.
the headphone stand is world class
and the headset is simply stunning :p

a few more things to buy and the setup will be complete :)

pics -
DSCN0773.jpgDSCN0774.jpgDSCN0775.jpg

Corfate

Author Level
I must admit, i am pretty jealous of everything, but hey, it's all looking pretty sweet now!

I'd have preferred to put the money for the headset stand into something else, but thats just me - i just leave my trittons on the desk :p

Bsrz

Rising Star
I must admit, i am pretty jealous of everything, but hey, it's all looking pretty sweet now!

I'd have preferred to put the money for the headset stand into something else, but thats just me - i just leave my trittons on the desk :p

yep it is i am very lucky :)

SlimCini

KC and the Sunshine BANNED
The question is... when will a GPU be able to support enough screens to create an entire ring of screens around you?! Or just a giant bendy screen that you can warp into a ring around you?! Then you'd need a spinning central chair with a keyboard and mouse stand that spun with you. The spinning of the chair could be controlled by the mouse movement!

bigben

Master Poster
The question is... when will a GPU be able to support enough screens to create an entire ring of screens around you?! Or just a giant bendy screen that you can warp into a ring around you?! Then you'd need a spinning central chair with a keyboard and mouse stand that spun with you. The spinning of the chair could be controlled by the mouse movement!

You don't want that! What you need is this!

gaaron

Silver Level Poster
Gee, I watched approx 2 mins of your 'this' bigben! I had to stop, as even on my poor laptop & I'm not a gamer - it was impressive & giving me a tad motion sickness (well I ought to be in bed). Lawdy I'm waiting for my Vortex 1v config to arrive, & I was just gonna use it for photo/vid stuff!
One question....
ps 3/4 (I think that's what it's called) ....versus pc? I'm a tot newby. My bf has ps3, me being a female, actually do like tech.... Hence my question. :D ps I'm on 14th working day......:(

Last edited:

bigben

Master Poster
ps 3/4 (I think that's what it's called) ....versus pc?

Put it this way: since I bought my PC (last May) my PS3 has only been used for Lovefilm and Fifa, my xbox (which I used to use most days) hasn't been turned on.

I would guess that the vast majority of people who use these forums would recommend PC gaming over consoles.

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
ps 3/4 (I think that's what it's called) ....versus pc? I'm a tot newby. My bf has ps3, me being a female, actually do like tech.... Hence my question. :D ps I'm on 14th working day......:(

I think it depends entirely on the game. I play FPS + MMO games on my PC and love it, story games look absolutely brilliant and there is so much variety to choose from on the PC with the amount of free games out there and cheap bundles/constant sales popping up every day. The downside is the premium you pay for the actual rig but to be honest, people spend more on a Macbook than I did on my PC and I would say my PC is much better (for my needs of course).

Console gaming just has a certain feel about it though. I can still play on my 7 year old xbox and be totally engrossed whether it's GTA V, Fifa 14, Forza 4, Rayman, etc etc. Yes they may not look as good as PC games, but they certainly do the job.

I can only imagine next-gen consoles continue to improve on this and bring more to the table. Basically I think it's too tough to choose between PC and console. I own both and I still love both. Xbox is much better for social purposes (gaming with friends, etc), PC can produce jaw dropping graphics though, a lot of games play much better on mouse and keyboard but then some games play equally well on a controller.

It entirely depends on the individual in my opinion! :)

gaaron

Silver Level Poster
I would guess that the vast majority of people who use these forums would recommend PC gaming over consoles.

I would agree, altho' I'm not even a novice ;) I would say that maybe years ago, maybe ps3 would be better? My bf doesn't have broadband & isn't au fait with tech. I have picked up loads re gaming on here! And it certainly, along with the modern 'games' does make me want to partake. But, I think I'd become addicted if I did :D

gaaron

Silver Level Poster
I can only imagine next-gen consoles continue to improve on this and bring more to the table. Basically I think it's too tough to choose between PC and console. I own both and I still love both. Xbox is much better for social purposes (gaming with friends, etc), PC can produce jaw dropping graphics though, a lot of games play much better on mouse and keyboard but then some games play equally well on a controller.

It entirely depends on the individual in my opinion! :)

I have no idea how to use 'controls' for games, whether it be by 'that accessory', or mouse. But I can understand peeps 'playing'.

It doesn't stop me from being intriqued & enquiring. Gee, I wouldn't get my other 'hobby' done, if I changed my route to gaming ;)

Last edited:

gaaron

Silver Level Poster
I have missed the pic for 'headphone stands'...link would be appreciated. I'm not being lazy in delving back into the thread....I'm still working on a very poorly laptop :( PCS laptop due soon! :D
apologies - I've found it & my poor baby managed to show the pic. How much was it? I'm not gonna get one tho' .

Last edited:

Bsrz

Rising Star
I have missed the pic for 'headphone stands'...link would be appreciated. I'm not being lazy in delving back into the thread....I'm still working on a very poorly laptop :( PCS laptop due soon! :D
apologies - I've found it & my poor baby managed to show the pic. How much was it? I'm not gonna get one tho' .

Hey bud I paid £40 for it and love it like mad :)
here is a link - http://www.amazon.co.uk/JUST-MOBILE-HEADSTAND-HS100-HEADPHONE/dp/B009NF4H84/ref=pd_sim_sbs_ce_22

moosEh

Administrator
Staff member
Hey mooseh looked into it and have started designing them I have just got to buy them :)

These are my first set, I am getting a new set with PCS eSports moosEh written on them when my new logo gets designed.

BH96mRpCEAM3Eyv.jpg

edwjac

Bronze Level Poster
Any have trouble registering with Astro US site to order the custom tags? They won't send me a confirmation email for some reason