• Gfunk
  • Gfunkalicious
  • Gorman
  • Gman
  • Gorm
  • Gmasterfunkatron
  • James
  • Please mr stop hitting me

None of these names annoy me in the slightest, nor does Gormster or Gormy, well maybe Gormy does but that i feel is the person saying it, he could call me Bob and be equally as annoying.

Sleinous

Author Level
Must we do this?

What i hear on a day to day basis:

• Jim
  • G
  • Gfunk
  • Gfunkalicious
  • Gorman
  • Gman
  • Gorm
  • Gmasterfunkatron
  • James
  • Please mr stop hitting me

None of these names annoy me in the slightest, nor does Gormster or Gormy, well maybe Gormy does but that i feel is the person saying it, he could call me Bob and be equally as annoying.

Haha thats me!

Evil Tactician

Gold Level Poster
I honestly don't see the point of a Mac. To summarise:

• Macs are expensive.
  • Macs look incredibly generic / 11 in a dozen.
  • Macs suffer from many compatibility issues.
  • I can't think of anything a Mac can do which a PC cannot, for less money. INCLUDING Video and Graphics editing...

And don't come with the ancient "But I can dual boot Windows!" excuse, as you might as well buy a PC with some proper specs in the first place then.

LDUK

Master Poster
I honestly don't see the point of a Mac. To summarise:

• Macs are expensive.
  • Macs look incredibly generic / 11 in a dozen.
  • Macs suffer from many compatibility issues.
  • I can't think of anything a Mac can do which a PC cannot, for less money. INCLUDING Video and Graphics editing...

And don't come with the ancient "But I can dual boot Windows!" excuse, as you might as well buy a PC with some proper specs in the first place then.

Rep for you. Thing is it's like we're going in circles. Of course, all of this is true. But people that like Macs will then say "But I think a Mac looks better." And that's really the only thing that's right,and that's an opinion.

Sleinous

Author Level
Bah, imo they look plain and conformist, looks like ur trying to join the club and be a proud owner, then realising you're pumping money into a money sink what with all the accessories and upgrades priced in nice round figures..

Phoenix

Prolific Poster
While I don't particularly like Macs I do think some of their monitors look amazing, I saw a 24 inch LED-backlit with a native resolution of 1920x1200 yesterday it looked a lot nicer than the other monitors set up around the store(in PC-World).

Evil Tactician

Gold Level Poster
Rep for you. Thing is it's like we're going in circles. Of course, all of this is true. But people that like Macs will then say "But I think a Mac looks better." And that's really the only thing that's right,and that's an opinion.

They do look nice - but they can't look 'better' than a PC, as there are too many different PC's to make such a general statement, imo. That's like saying that you look better than Spanish people.

The main problem with Macs is that they all look exactly the same. I have nothing against Macs per-se, I just don't see why someone would obsessively want one. Surely in this day and age getting the most bang for your buck is more important than a shiny white glossy finish over your case/monitor? For me a Mac shouts something about it's owner: "I have too much money and no common sense"

Disclaimer: The above is my personal opinion and in no way, shape or form represents the opinion of Mana Pool. :p Before I get told off by some Mac loving hippy in our team! Yes, you know who you are!

alastair

Bronze Level Poster
My other half loves Macs, in fact i've pinched it to type this lol.
For me a Mac shouts something about it's owner: "I have too much money and no common sense"/QUOTE] i disagree, its " I WANT a mac" repeated endlessly, followed by " dear god, fine i'll buy you a bloody mac, if you'll give it a rest"... or thats how we ended up with one. So not so much too much money, i've had to wait for 8 months for my pc, no common sense on her part yes, on mine i disagree theres only so much torture one can take.

MoshiMoshi

Silver Level Poster
Now here's a kicker...

APPLE ARE USING INTEL MICROPROCESSORS AND CAN RUN WINDOWS ON BOOTCAMP!

So an Apple-fan's greatest fear is true... a MAC is becoming a.... PC!!!

Sleinous

Author Level
Yuk, I dont want Windows to be tarnished by a flood of macintosh shiny nonsense wanting to install it..

Tom DWC

There's only one way to settle this debate...

---NOT SUITABLE FOR MINORS---

[video=youtube;Id_kGL3M5Cg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Id_kGL3M5Cg[/video]

Or we could make things even more complicated!

[video=youtube;0-22EpQOm8c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-22EpQOm8c[/video]

Last edited:

rocknroll

Bronze Level Poster
THE FINAL WORD

It's simple....
can you custom spec a Mac with a flashy case, awesome liquid cooling and a huge choice of GPU's and CPU's etc..
like you can your wonderfull pc at pcs
Not than i can remember

yorkshire.lad

Macs simply cost too much. I know they look the dogs b***ocks but still the £500 premium over similar spec laptops is not worth paying.

soniczoo

Hi LDUK

in the photography and videos section of the forum Gorman started the thread "Recommend a cheap and cheerful HD camcorder". In message #8 you replied to him : "And like most things, the more you spend, the better the product."

Perhaps that answers your question in this thread???

:)) no malice intended...... I just thought it was funny!! :))

Sleinous

Author Level
Hi LDUK

in the photography and videos section of the forum Gorman started the thread "Recommend a cheap and cheerful HD camcorder". In message #8 you replied to him : "And like most things, the more you spend, the better the product."

In photography, in photography ;)

LDUK

Master Poster
Hi LDUK

Ha ha LMAO. Nice one. My defence is, this does not fall into the "most things" catagory. Made me chuckle though.

Kalisnoir

Super Star
This whole bootcamp m'lark seems to be popping up as a popular 'for' statement, but you can dualboot OSX on a PC if you wanted too (or single boot if your feeling extremely silly) so it sort of just cancels the other out leaving Mac's STILL in the minus' points wise.

LDUK

Master Poster
This whole bootcamp m'lark seems to be popping up as a popular 'for' statement, but you can dualboot OSX on a PC if you wanted too (or single boot if your feeling extremely silly) so it sort of just cancels the other out leaving Mac's STILL in the minus' points wise.

Yeah this is true, as I'm sure it's been said before. I wish everyone would just read into everything, rather than fanboying to each 'team'. If we lay down the facts, specs and prices, overall, the PC is the better computer.