RTX 3080

Boomer

Bronze Level Poster
What other options do you have? Please explain how its unprofessional to state the obvious?

If anyone has any suggestions on how PCS could improve, or do things differently, then they should contact PCS directly with their suggestions.

PCS staff rarely visit here, so complaining on here that PCS should be doing this or that is not going to change anything.

Finally, anyone who thinks that the moderators are acting unprofessionally, or if they have any other complaints about the moderators, should complain directly to @moosEh, the forum administrator.
The other option is that we share here (on this thread) information about order dates, build/test dates, delivery dates, place in the queue etc.
In the absence of regular and accurate information from PCS*, this community can help itself by pooling its knowledge and information.
No one has acted unprofessionally**, but I do think we can do more to help ourselves and encourage each other.

Ordered: Stock 3080
Order date: November 8th.
Pre-Production Time: 21 working days*.
Place in queue: No idea.

* Not intended as a criticism. That is just how it is for the moment.
** And I really appreciate the help that you all have provided in getting my build specc'ed out.

Scottmask

Silver Level Poster
The other option is that we share here (on this thread) information about order dates, build/test dates, delivery dates, place in the queue etc.
In the absence of regular and accurate information from PCS*, this community can help itself by pooling its knowledge and information.
No one has acted unprofessionally**, but I do think we can do more to help ourselves and encourage each other.

Ordered: Stock 3080
Order date: November 8th.
Pre-Production Time: 21 working days*.
Place in queue: No idea.

* Not intended as a criticism. That is just how it is for the moment.
** And I really appreciate the help that you all have provided in getting my build specc'ed out.
Ordered: Stock 3080 & Ryzen 5900X
Order date: November 5th.
Pre-Production Time: 22 working days*.
Place in queue: 855/1361 for GPU, 129th of 514 for CPU.

The option to not be rude to customers paying a lot of money? It’s not what was stated it’s how it was put across.

The general standard of moderation in his particular thread has been quite overzealous and quite often blatantly rude.

The moderators aren’t affiliated with PCS so obviously they don’t really care too much how they come across, but I very much doubt that’s the way decent PR would handle something.

That’s all I have to say on the matter. I’ll go back to waiting quietly and patiently, but in future if I have an issue I doubt I’ll come here to get it addressed

Good day ladies/fellas
Agree with this.
Mods on this forum need to realise they come across as rude sometimes and stop jumping on new customers so much.
Maybe improve on your communication skills fellas. Just a suggestion 👍👍

Gavras

Master Poster
Agree with this.
Mods on this forum need to realise they come across as rude sometimes and stop jumping on new customers so much.
Maybe improve on your communication skills fellas. Just a suggestion 👍👍
oh you mean where they spend their own time helping out new members work out the best build for their cash, a system that fits their actual needs matched to best monitor etc?

You mean those Mods?

How many on this thread have actually added to the overall help on the forum?

How many just moan, get their system and leave, only coming back if they have an issue (chances are a fix worked out by one of those mods) get it resolved and disappear again?

Some posters on here need to realise what bleating sheep they come across like.

If anyone has not worked out the situation with graphics cards by now, they really are naive.

Its been said countless times, if not happy select Have Own Card, then look for your own, as obviously there are millions available.

if not willing to do that, then quit whingeing and bleating like sheep.

btw this thread is amazingly mild compared to other builders.

oh you mean where they spend their own time helping out new members work out the best build for their cash, a system that fits their actual needs matched to best monitor etc?

You mean those Mods?

How many just moan, get their system and leave, only coming back if they have an issue (chances are a fix worked out by one of those mods) get it resolved and disappear again?

If anyone has not worked out the situation with graphics cards by now, they really are naive.

Its been said countless times, if not happy select Have Own Card, then look for your own, as obviously there are millions available.

You sound like you should be a mod mate. You would fit right in 👍

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR

You mean those Mods?

very nicely put (y) :D

scarpa1

Enthusiast
Just been reading the last dozen pages and must have missed all the rude or hostile messages from mods. Can see where the thread derailed a bit though but won't go into that.

I haven't been on here long, end of September but the advice from all the mods give have been excellent, I never asked directly about my build spec but followed bits of advice I read that were in other posts and the the mods seem pretty decent people and helpful in all areas, even pointing out things when not asked.

Maybe I'm just a bit calmer with having my PC sat on my desk, but I had a long wait, 41 working days which seems to be higher than a lot of the recent posts which appeared today, yes it was frustrating the long wait but it was very much worth the wait in the end.

Illidanstormraging

You mean those Mods?

Just been reading the last dozen pages and must have missed all the rude or hostile messages from mods. Can see where the thread derailed a bit though but won't go into that.

I haven't been on here long, end of September but the advice from all the mods give have been excellent, I never asked directly about my build spec but followed bits of advice I read that were in other posts and the the mods seem pretty decent people and helpful in all areas, even pointing out things when not asked.

Maybe I'm just a bit calmer with having my PC sat on my desk, but I had a long wait, 41 working days which seems to be higher than a lot of the recent posts which appeared today, yes it was frustrating the long wait but it was very much worth the wait in the end.
I saw on ur profile that you got 3600mhz ram. Can you tell me what the timings are like on it?

Guilders

Silver Level Poster
56 working days in (as of today) and when spoke to PCS they were hoping for this week build maybe next week, they were confident all parts for my build would be in, but as it is I'll just take that with a pinch as its carnage out there. I will do a weekly check in via email for update on build until they say otherwise.

TBH got to the point where the priority is the PC I've purchased for the son (no 3080....thankfully) all stock available as of a week ago so praying his comes before mine as its his xmas present, mines is just and old gamer moving to the PC master race lol

Only thing that is really bugging me is the 29" picture my PS4 is putting on my new Samsung G9 'sigh'