Starfield

Ekans2011

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Guys, do you believe an Ionico 2022 (3070ti) can perform decently in this game?? I couldn't find any benchmarks that were comparable to my current laptop specs. :)

stegor

Bright Spark
Guys, do you believe an Ionico 2022 (3070ti) can perform decently in this game?? I couldn't find any benchmarks that were comparable to my current laptop specs. :)
Starfield seems set to become the latest "will it run Crysis" meme. It's brutal on GPUs and I'll be interested in the CPU requirements given BGS games are notoriously greedy in that area.
Fun game to play though, just dial down the settings on your laptop, probably medium at best.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
It’s definitely a hungry game, but I am reading lots of comments that high frame rates really isn’t needed like on most games.
I wouldn't be at all surprised if most of my time playing Skyrim was done in 30 FPS, and this combat is largely paced similar to Skyrim, so higher frame rates look better and perhaps feel more fluid, but aren't as needed in something like this.

HomerJ

Prolific Poster

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
One thing I have noticed is on some planets (where there's a marked 'deserted' outpost or such...which all look the same) the scanner shows 4 or 5 'unknown' areas/buildings/icons for you to investigate...but in every case so far I've found more up to 3000m away...but they don't show on any scanner until you physically get to within about 800m of them. So you could be 900m away and completely miss them out...unless you're really bored or spot an antenna/aerial/building on the horizon.

I'm happy with my 70-90FPS (no FSR/upscaling average in different areas) but might just create a custom profile in Nvidia Control Panel to limit it to 60FPS everywhere...and I think the Intel PresentMon tool is broken (yes, it's still beta 0.5) as it's only reporting 20-30% CPU usage.

Last edited:

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
I feel like I've made a mistake with one or two choices in game. I'm tempted to start again (I probably started half a dozen characters before going all the way through Skyrim's main story, so I do have previous for this!) when the first major patch launches, which is probably some time this week!

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
At least with the old 'choose your own adventure' books you could keep your finger in the last page just in case. However in something like this, it's many hours/days before you realise you made a whoopsie :ROFLMAO:

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
At least with the old 'choose your own adventure' books you could keep your finger in the last page just in case. However in something like this, it's many hours/days before you realise you made a whoopsie :ROFLMAO:
I remember having a 'choose your own adventure' book about samurai when I was a kid. I spent many hours with it and had many, many failed runs to the point where I knew one or two of the chapter deaths even before flicking to them as I'd died that way so often, so remembered the numbers - good times!

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I remember having a 'choose your own adventure' book about samurai when I was a kid. I spent many hours with it and had many, many failed runs to the point where I knew one or two of the chapter deaths even before flicking to them as I'd died that way so often, so remembered the numbers - good times!
I remember using the format/content from Deathtrap Dungeon for my first COBOL case study as it was relatively binary choices for a simple database of other text strings with options at the bottom.

I had a whole range of Ian Livingstone / Steve Jackson CYOA FF books.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
I remember using the format/content from Deathtrap Dungeon for my first COBOL case study as it was relatively binary choices for a simple database of other text strings with options at the bottom.

I had a whole range of Ian Livingstone / Steve Jackson CYOA FF books.
Just went looking (still have the book) and it was Sword of the Samurai which is a Livingstone/Jackson book

HomerJ

Prolific Poster
I don’t think my current setup would run it 😒

well in fairness ive shovelled coal into mine so

Steam GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Before I turned off last night, I found myself a nice new ship & Mantis outfit.

You have to follow the quest line about Secret Outpost in the Denebola system (you find the note on one of the Pirates you kill early on).