Stock notifications for laptops

perles75

supposing the 3rd of March date is a firm one (how many chances it is?), it could be useful to know how big the backlog is... I'd like to order an elimina for example, but if there are 200 people or 10 people in the waiting list can make a huge difference on my decision (if there are too many, the stocks could exhaust before, even, which could mean waiting other X months)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
supposing the 3rd of March date is a firm one (how many chances it is?), it could be useful to know how big the backlog is... I'd like to order an elimina for example, but if there are 200 people or 10 people in the waiting list can make a huge difference on my decision (if there are too many, the stocks could exhaust before, even, which could mean waiting other X months)
Nothing is concrete at the moment at all, it's literally impossible to give any firm dates on any tech stocks at the moment.

Please read the forum stickies before making any posts as it's all outlined in those.

Macco26

Expert
Well at least the vast majority of people in the internet blame everybody buying Intel 10th as of now because "Zen3 is so much better!11!".
So don't expect a backlog as huge as if they sold Zen3 laptops, for example.
I'm one of the those buying those Intel Laptops as of now btw: for gaming they are straight the same (8 cores vs 8 cores): slightly better single core Zen3 equals lack of AMD of offering PCIe x16 to the GPU, for once.

(for productivity I'm gonna loose 15-20% but I'll have my boy 6 months before actually Zen3 are available here)

perles75

Nothing is concrete at the moment at all, it's literally impossible to give any firm dates on any tech stocks at the moment.

Please read the forum stickies before making any posts as it's all outlined in those.
Well, the sticky threads here seem to be all about benchmarking, and I could not find what I wanted to know by a quick look around, so I asked

perles75

yeah, silly of me to expect an answer concerning buying a laptop in the subforum called... *checks* Laptops/Notebook sales advice... :rolleyes:

Also, my question was more about the waiting list than the firmness of the date... I'm fine to wait if it's a matter of some sliding weeks, I'm less fine to put an order if they'll get (random numbers) 200 items with a 2000 people in the waiting list.
I wasn't expecting precise numbers, just some gross estimates about the expectations, as they're in this business for so long and they might have a feeling of this.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
yeah, silly of me to expect an answer concerning buying a laptop in the subforum called... *checks* Laptops/Notebook sales advice... :rolleyes:

Also, my question was more about the waiting list than the firmness of the date... I'm fine to wait if it's a matter of some sliding weeks, I'm less fine to put an order if they'll get (random numbers) 200 items with a 2000 people in the waiting list.
I wasn't expecting precise numbers, just some gross estimates about the expectations, as they're in this business for so long and they might have a feeling of this.
I don’t appreciate the sarcasm.

1. you’re asking a forum full of people who don’t work for PCS. We can’t answer those questions.

2. as with any forum, you agree to read the stickies before posting, and obviously haven’t, and all these questions are answered in those stickies.

Paulbax

Silver Level Poster
And a third email today. Whilst not good news and nothing new, you cant fault their customer communication over an issue they have little or no control:

but unfortunately we are awaiting stock on the following items:

TongFang GM5MG7Y (8GB RTX-3070, i7-10875H, 165Hz QHD, Blank KB) - Unfortunately, there has been a delay with the delivery of your laptop chassis due to Chinese New Year. The manufacturer should be able to get this to us by the beginning of March, if we hear anything else from the manufacturer, we will be sure to let you know. Once the chassis has been received, the production team will get on with building your order as soon as possible.
Heads up. Looks like shipping delays may take a bit longer. My 5 day update has slipped again this morning to 8th March.

Macco26

Expert
Thank you for saying that, because I stopped receiving those update after the first batch of email delays. I think if pallets are delivered in the store at March 3rd, it's pretty common they need some time to unbox them and start queuing up each pre-order. So 8th should still be fine, aka, cargo should still be planned to ship in their store on March 3rd..
Can you remind me the date of your pre-order? Mine was 27th Jan. Might be some people between me (whose last email was assembly the 3rd March) and you..

Paulbax

Silver Level Poster
Thank you for saying that, because I stopped receiving those update after the first batch of email delays. I think if pallets are delivered in the store at March 3rd, it's pretty common they need some time to unbox them and start queuing up each pre-order. So 8th should still be fine, aka, cargo should still be planned to ship in their store on March 3rd..
Can you remind me the date of your pre-order? Mine was 27th Jan. Might be some people between me (whose last email was assembly the 3rd March) and you..
10th Feb

djsubtronic

Silver Level Poster
Looks like the "out of stock" and 3rd March notifications have been taken off the some of the laptop pages (eg Defiance and Ionico, both 15" and 17"). Stock arrived early???

Macco26

Expert
Can confirm. That's what I got for my Ionico 17 ordered Jan 27th:
Yes, we have received this model now 🙂 and your order should be moving shortly, I have no estimated building date yet

My order needs also an Italian keyboard, I don't know if that might delay the assembly, though (maybe it's the same P/N from Vyper last year)

Macco26

Expert
I can report another guy in the italian PCS forum got his Ionico assembled today and it's being tested so far.
He bought it in January (don't know exactly the date).

They're definitely in UK

pmarmotte

Bronze Level Poster
I can report another guy in the italian PCS forum got his Ionico assembled today and it's being tested so far.
He bought it in January (don't know exactly the date).

They're definitely in UK
Hoping that the laptops will not be hold on arrival by customs because of covid/brexit. Mine is still scheduled for departure on Monday thanks to my express mounting option and I chose next day delivery. Crossing fingers