Stock notifications for laptops

Romain337

@Macco26 An user just left a comment about the V,B, and F keys (+ space IMO). Look closely at the picture I don't know what to think about it lol (I haven't noticed it yesterday!)

pmarmotte

Bronze Level Poster
Anyway, I guess the tongfangs arrive without keyboard and they put whatever keyboard has been chosen in the configurator, so not all keyboards would be the same.
Moreover, I doubt a faulty keyboard would pass the "test period" phase I think it is just an artefact from the picture angle or whatever.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Anyway, I guess the tongfangs arrive without keyboard and they put whatever keyboard has been chosen in the configurator, so not all keyboards would be the same.
Moreover, I doubt a faulty keyboard would pass the "test period" phase I think it is just an artefact from the picture angle or whatever.
It's an extremely common failure on the TongFang chassis.

That and the key lettering is painted on and very poorly and rubs off extremely quickly.

Screen failures are very common

GPU failures also.

We've had consistent problems with them since they were posted as an option on PCS to the point we don't recommend them at all anymore.

Macco26

Expert
I do hope they have improved year over year, If nobody tries, nobody will know 😋

It's fine suggesting possible failures based of past generations, but it's not mandatory next gens will fail as like as the previous.

In my opinion Tongfang is all about cutting edge technology and, to let its products not reach skyrocket prices, they of course cheap out on something around.

For cutting edge technology I mean like:
- Max-P rated GPU
- switchable graphics MUX
- 2160x1440 screens
- customizable CPU and GPU PL
- Windows Hello IR camera

Things like that, very rare even among the big dogs out there (Asus, MSI, Lenovo etc.)

Last edited:

kshnnnn

It's an extremely common failure on the TongFang chassis.

That and the key lettering is painted on and very poorly and rubs off extremely quickly.

Screen failures are very common

GPU failures also.

We've had consistent problems with them since they were posted as an option on PCS to the point we don't recommend them at all anymore.
Genuinely curious:

If there were so many issues and they're not recommended, then why have PCS stuck with this supplier and used this chassis for their flagship laptop of 2021?

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Genuinely curious:

If there were so many issues and they're not recommended, then why have PCS stuck with this supplier and used this chassis for their flagship laptop of 2021?
We have no idea what sort of contract they signed. Nor do we know what steps (if any) TonyFang are taking to improve their chassis. In buisness one always takes the long view, it's absurd to expect things to change overnight.

pmarmotte

Bronze Level Poster
I'm now out for delivery, scheduled for tomorrow (Tuesday 2nd March). Think I'll be taking a day off work tomorrow! :)
Has the package been taken by fedex already? I am also scheduled for a delivery tomorrow but they haven't picked up the parcel yet.

pmarmotte

Bronze Level Poster
OK mine is due tomorrow as well but by Fedex. The fact it has not been picked up yet makes me doubt about the tomorrow delivery knowing it will have to go through customs

djsubtronic

Silver Level Poster
I ordered my defiance laptop on the 22nd of jan. Got a build date of the 12th of Feb but was out of stock. Now they r back in stock. But heard nothing for almost 2 weeks. Hopefully I will hear something soon
I ordered mine on the 16th of Jan and didn't hear anything either, so on Friday I decided to fast-track it, and it was built today. No word on shipping yet though.

When I called them to ask about 2 weeks ago they said as I had been waiting so long that fast track wouldn't be able to jump in front on me in the queue

djsubtronic

Silver Level Poster
Did u have to call them or did u do the fast track online
I did it online by going to Amend order. Also spoke to someone on live chat this morning just to make sure they saw the amendment, sure enough a couple of hours later the status updated to "In Building".

I did it online by going to Amend order. Also spoke to someone on live chat this morning just to make sure they saw the amendment, sure enough a couple of hours later the status updated to "In Building".
They told me when I called 2 weeks ago that if someone paid for fast track it would go in front of my order as they were having problems with how long people had been waiting so that would not happen

djsubtronic

Silver Level Poster
They told me when I called 2 weeks ago that if someone paid for fast track it would go in front of my order as they were having problems with how long people had been waiting so that would not happen
I'm not sure, they did tell me that 16th Jan was quite close to the top of the queue anyway, so it could just have been my turn in the regular queue (i.e. the fast track didn't really make much difference), and maybe yours will get built within the next couple of days since you ordered a few days after me.

pmarmotte

Bronze Level Poster
They could have offered all of you pre orders the fast tracking as it seems indeed that those who have paid for it like I did are getting the computers faster. Once again it was the fact of not knowing how many pre orders they would have to treat that made me do the step and pay for the fast tracking.
Now I see it is already 5 pm and despite the parcel being "ready" they haven't have it picked up by fedex yet. I guess I am not getting my baby tomorrow