Stock notifications for laptops

MIKWAY

OK mine is due tomorrow as well but by Fedex. The fact it has not been picked up yet makes me doubt about the tomorrow delivery knowing it will have to go through customs
If you're in the UK, there's no further customs to go through. It would be easy to pick up the package by 5pm and get it delivered to the UK next day.

If you're not in the UK then, there will be customs issues on the way out to you, yes.

(Update: my parcel status with DPD has changed to : We've received your order details, and we're expecting your parcel shortly)

pmarmotte

Bronze Level Poster
If you're in the UK, there's no further customs to go through. It would be easy to pick up the package by 5pm and get it delivered to the UK next day.

If you're not in the UK then, there will be customs issues on the way out to you, yes.

(Update: my parcel status with DPD has changed to : We've received your order details, and we're expecting your parcel shortly)
I live in France so yes there will be customs and paid for 1 day delivery and fast tracking.
It is strange that everything as gone so smoothly until now (computer ready to ship on Saturday) and that they take a whole day (and maybe more) to have the parcel picked up. We don't know if this is PCS or Fedex fault but as a matter of fact 1 labor day delivery is very likely not to be fulfilled.

MIKWAY

I live in France so yes there will be customs and paid for 1 day delivery and fast tracking.
It is strange that everything as gone so smoothly until now (computer ready to ship on Saturday) and that they take a whole day (and maybe more) to have the parcel picked up. We don't know if this is PCS or Fedex fault but as a matter of fact 1 labor day delivery is very likely not to be fulfilled.
I would say late afternoon pick up for parcels is entirely normal, whether it's next day delivery or longer. I wouldn't worry from that point of view.

BREXIT customs issues are more likely to be a problem but, give that we're talking about a very large and experienced logistics company, I'd still be semi-confident (with all fingers crossed 🤞) that you'll get your kit on time. 🤞 🤞

I'm not sure, they did tell me that 16th Jan was quite close to the top of the queue anyway, so it could just have been my turn in the regular queue (i.e. the fast track didn't really make much difference), and maybe yours will get built within the next couple of days since you ordered a few days after me.
I hope so. Looking forward to getting it.

Paulbax

Silver Level Poster
Morning, All,

I have a delivery window of 09:41-10:41. (Driver's name is Shane, if you're interested. 😁 )

Update: Delivered (by Shane) 09:41
I'm keen to hear about this one as I have an ionico 15.6 3070 on order. What's it like?

MIKWAY

Looks a beauty. Feels solid. Keyboard doesn't have any keys sticking up/out of alignment - as seen on the 'GamingLaptop' link sent earlier in this thread.

Fans are noisy on full!!

Comes pre-loaded with 3D Mark & PC Mark 10 - will run benchmarks and then I'll be removing Win10 & loading Linux.

Macco26

Expert
Wow, loading Linux! Check carefully if most of the settings are editable in the BIOS, as you won't have access to the Control Center in any way.

MIKWAY

Wow, loading Linux! Check carefully if most of the settings are editable in the BIOS, as you won't have access to the Control Center in any way.
Yeah. Bit of a Linux fan-boy/geek!

I'll start with testing off a USB stick, then side-by-side before binning Windows for good. Started benchmarks, so not looked in to the BIOS yet.

Macco26

Expert
Well from what I've heard in that reddit post in the BIOS there are actually the settings for the Power Limits for the GPU. That's good as you won't use Windows and CC in the future for that.
But you might need to re-run your benchmarks if you find you wasn't maximizing that settings.. ;)

I'm not sure, they did tell me that 16th Jan was quite close to the top of the queue anyway, so it could just have been my turn in the regular queue (i.e. the fast track didn't really make much difference), and maybe yours will get built within the next couple of days since you ordered a few days after me.
What gpu did u have in ur defiance laptop. I have been on live chat and they have told me that the one with the 3070 is not in stock yet and should be here by the end of the week.

djsubtronic

Silver Level Poster
What gpu did u have in ur defiance laptop. I have been on live chat and they have told me that the one with the 3070 is not in stock yet and should be here by the end of the week.
Really? I ordered the 3070 one, and it's gone into testing this morning. Lol what's going on?