The-DPD-Thread-Post-All-Comments-Here!

rosgor

Bronze Level Poster
Great service, a nice chap came and dropped the box off inside. He came within the time slot they gave me 11-12, he came at 12:45.

Only small hole on the box, which was reasonable. Nothing inside was broken so it looked like the computer had a nice ride to my house :)

Corfate

Author Level
Great service, a nice chap came and dropped the box off inside. He came within the time slot they gave me 11-12, he came at 12:45.

Only small hole on the box, which was reasonable. Nothing inside was broken so it looked like the computer had a nice ride to my house :)

Do you mean 11:45? :p

fergietron

Bronze Level Poster
since all other posts seem to love DPD which seems fishy to me, http://www.trustpilot.co.uk/review/www.dpd.co.uk , http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YIbOf8Uv-4 , ive also been unable to get them on phone after several attempts and being on hold to an automated 0844 number which was about as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike. posting this here so other customers realise what they may be getting in to with this courier. not to take anything away from PCS who were terriffic in every way. PCS 5 stars DPD 0

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
well ive never had a problem, and that video just shows a guy throwing boxes of paper in the back, look at how far they go, they look empty when he throws them, that means its probably paperwork

also thats probably average when comapred with most couriers, if a box has the slightest dent in it, people put it as 1 star, why? mine had a dent, i didnt complain, as long as the thing inside is in mint condition what does the box matter?

TheKeir

Bright Spark
Well I'm quite sure they don't do that for boxes with Fragile written on them. Besides, you can see that they are cardboard crates not boxes in that clip, meaning that it is just paperwork.

I got my PC today, bang in the middle of the time slot they gave me. Excellent service, box was in pristine condition, and nothing inside was even slightly damaged.

Five-star service.

Rakk

The Awesome
posting this here so other customers realise what they may be getting in to with this courier.

This can be said about every courier out there though, no matter which courier is used, some people will get terrible service where most get good service.

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
This can be said about every courier out there though, no matter which courier is used, some people will get terrible service where most get good service.

True, but people need to hear about other peoples experiences good or bad to make an informed decision as to whether that particular courier is for them. The same thing happened with Yodel and PCS decided to change, I personally along with many many others never had a problem with Yodel just like many people have not had a problem with DPD.

Xoil

Just had my first bad experience with them :( The delivery time slot notification arrived after it had already been delivered (In which i was not in for) And i am unable to collect it today because they don't allow you to. Only time i can get it redelivered/picked up is today or the weekend, and £10 for saturday delivery upgrade isnt the cheapest in the world :(. Looks like ill have to bite the bullet and pay for weekend....

Jimby

Missed my delivery today. No text saying it would be coming in a certain time eg (12:05-13:05). dissappointed.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
got a delivery of a fan controller via PCS, no problems at all, arrived within the time period given.. 5 star again ;)

vmagic

pc turned up with a wobbly CPU heatsink and artifacting gfx card, was RMAd, fixed and returned with exactly the same issue with the CPU heatsink

can only come to the conclusion that DPD dropped it/mishandled it

keynes

Multiverse Poster
I got a question regarding the delivery provided by DPD
Under the terms and conditions the following is indicated:
5.7. When you sign for the goods (i.e. sign the couriers delivery sheet), you are accepting the goods in the condition that you receive them. Once the goods have been signed for in the condition that you receive them, the liability for any physical damage to the goods is released from the couriers responsibility and becomes yours. IT IS STANDARD PRACTICE TO CHECK THE CONTENTS FOR PHYSICAL DAMAGE BEFORE YOU SIGN FOR THEM AND BY ACCEPTING OUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS YOU AGREE TO ONE OF THE FOLLOWING:

If the goods are damaged before you sign for them, you will sign for them as "damaged goods" or according to the condition that they have been received in order to maintain your delivery insurance.
If you cannot check the goods before signing for them, you (or the person who signs for them) must sign for them as "unchecked" in order to maintain your delivery insurance.

Failure to comply with the terms will void your delivery insurance on the computer, and if there is physical damage you will have to pay for the repair.

Considering that it might be very difficult for me to check the content, look for any physical damage and make sure the pc is operational since it might take a while, this means I need to sign "unchecked" when receiving the pc. Is this a common practice from current/previous PCS customers?

Corfate

Author Level
Got a RAM Delivery from PCS today, excellent service as usual. DPD were great too, good timing and intact package :)

Corfate

Author Level
I got a question regarding the delivery provided by DPD
Under the terms and conditions the following is indicated:
5.7. When you sign for the goods (i.e. sign the couriers delivery sheet), you are accepting the goods in the condition that you receive them. Once the goods have been signed for in the condition that you receive them, the liability for any physical damage to the goods is released from the couriers responsibility and becomes yours. IT IS STANDARD PRACTICE TO CHECK THE CONTENTS FOR PHYSICAL DAMAGE BEFORE YOU SIGN FOR THEM AND BY ACCEPTING OUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS YOU AGREE TO ONE OF THE FOLLOWING:

If the goods are damaged before you sign for them, you will sign for them as "damaged goods" or according to the condition that they have been received in order to maintain your delivery insurance.
If you cannot check the goods before signing for them, you (or the person who signs for them) must sign for them as "unchecked" in order to maintain your delivery insurance.

Failure to comply with the terms will void your delivery insurance on the computer, and if there is physical damage you will have to pay for the repair.

Considering that it might be very difficult for me to check the content, look for any physical damage and make sure the pc is operational since it might take a while, this means I need to sign "unchecked" when receiving the pc. Is this a common practice from current/previous PCS customers?

I never checked the "unchecked" box when i signed for mine, in my excitement i didn't think about it :p But if the box has holes in it, and looks in a sorry state, tick the "unchecked" box :) Basically means the delivery company can be held liable if it's damaged :) I think anyway!

keynes

Multiverse Poster
I never checked the "unchecked" box when i signed for mine, in my excitement i didn't think about it :p But if the box has holes in it, and looks in a sorry state, tick the "unchecked" box :) Basically means the delivery company can be held liable if it's damaged :) I think anyway!

Thank you, I was also unaware of checking the item until I carefully read the T&C. It seems it is important to write or tick uncheck next to the signature not to be held responsible for a damage item.