The-DPD-Thread-Post-All-Comments-Here!

Maestro

Not sure where your looking but whe i check the status of your parcel the current status is:-

27 Mar 2012 08:22 Galway Out for delivery
23 Mar 2012 21:22 Hub 3 - Birmingham Your parcel has been received at our sortation hub
23 Mar 2012 13:16 Leeds Your parcel has been collected from the sender

So given that it was collected from us on friday afternoon and it is now out for delivery on tuesday to republic of ireland, it seems the 2-3 shipment to republic of ireland is spot on, BUT SERIOUSLY.

kylmye

You're quite right, it does say "27 Mar 2012 08:22 Galway Out for delivery".

However if you notice my post was made before 8am this morning when the package had gone from "In Transit" back to "In Sortation Facility" and the status had changed to "Awaiting receipt of parcel". Did I happen to check the tracker as it was in the middle of updating and a little screwy? Probably. Did I panic like a child hearing Santa Claus isn't coming? Definitely. Nevertheless I think I was entitled to be worried when I woke up the morning it was due to be delivered to see it had apparently returned to the hub in the UK (even if it was just a tracking error) and I definitely don't appreciate being mocked by a company representative.

Last edited:

Maestro

Seriously, these are forums, and not official tracking tools or tracking tools at all. if you want tracking info, then please use offical channels.

Chill Pill required.

kylmye

I appreciate that, I was just freaking out about DPD and this seemed like the place to put it.

As it stands they delivered perfectly on time - to the wrong address; but I rang them to find out where it is so all should be okay once I go to collect it.

JonnyBoi

Not bad

I had actually heard bad things about DPD here's my experience:

The tracking was excellent although the delivery was 1 working day (and a weekend!) slower than I paid for and they only contacted me for half the order when it arrived,

I had to chase for the second part of the order but the redeeming piece in all this was that the PC was marked as speakers which I got released for 0 tax (a total saving of £90+),

So all in all I'm pretty happy,

Cheers DPD!

Hi Guys,

Well, what can I say that hasnt been said already, DPD are a very poor choice of courier for such a flawless and professional company as PCS. Its just a pity you guys at PCS have put your faith in DPD when they
provide a poor service as they have with me today. I was suppose to recieve my PC ( Before 12:00 noon on a saturday ) which still hasnt arrived yet, might I add and I am still tracking my order via there website which has been stuck on " In Transit" for at least
9 hours.

To say I am dissapointed is an understatement ( feel like tearing someones intrails out and shoving it up there rear ) so I hope they can sort themselves out asap.

Sorry Guys for the moan but I have been waiting for a while on the only time I can recieve it ( weekend ) and its just frustrating, deffinatley not smiling now :(

Last edited:

Tom DWC

Hi Guys,

Well, what can I say that hasnt been said already, DPD are a very poor choice of courier for such a flawless and professional company as PCS. Its just a pity you guys at PCS have put your faith in DPD when they
provide a poor service as they have with me today. I was suppose to recieve my PC ( Before 12:00 noon on a saturday ) which still hasnt arrived yet, might I add and I am still tracking my order via there website which has been stuck on " In Transit" for at least
9 hours.

To say I am dissapointed is an understatement ( feel like tearing someones intrails out and shoving it up there rear ) so I hope they can sort themselves out asap.

Sorry Guys for the moan but I have been waiting for a while on the only time I can recieve it ( weekend ) and its just frustrating :(

It's never much fun when things don't work out with the couriers but all we can really say on here is what's been said a thousand times already - overall they're all much of a muchness. Yodel were no better (and when DPD goes as planned they offer better service, such as a delivery estimate within the hour).

Yes it's frustrating but's that's life sometimes. The PCs are well worth the wait. :)

Thanks Tom for trying to make me feel better, however according to trustpilot, DPD are on the 31st most reliable of couriers in the UK out of 35, ( Yodel taking that honor ) which doesnt fill me with optimisim

I don't know when they are going to arrange delivery now seeing as tho saturday was the only time I can recieve it :/

Oh and heres a link to what I found on trustpilot http://www.trustpilot.co.uk/review/www.dpd.co.uk

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
You must remember that reviews are written in frustration

''where is my package, i know ill write a ranty review while i wait''

compared to

''Oh its here yay, lets play with it for a while, ill write a review later (and forgets)''

Mine arrived within the hour given and all was good and i know most peoples are the same

Hi guys

Having had time to calm down and think I agree with you in that I was just ranting and raving just because of my bad luck with DPD's inept abilitiy to do some work on a saturday, after PCS requested the service from them.

It was silly and immature of me to blame DPD for the odd members of their staff, whom must of had their reasons for not meeting there deadline in leaving my shiny new luv muscle PC in some warehouse instead of with me.

All I can do now is wait until monday and see what happens.

Cheerz guys for your input on DPD delivery issues and so forth

Much Apprieciated

P.S I not being sarcastic just in case you think that, just letting my dissapointment come out into words :)

Corfate

Author Level
Hi guys

Having had time to calm down and think I agree with you in that I was just ranting and raving just because of my bad luck with DPD's inept abilitiy to do some work on a saturday, after PCS requested the service from them.

It was silly and immature of me to blame DPD for the odd members of their staff, whom must of had their reasons for not meeting there deadline in leaving my shiny new luv muscle PC in some warehouse instead of with me.

All I can do now is wait until monday and see what happens.

Cheerz guys for your input on DPD delivery issues and so forth

Much Apprieciated

P.S I not being sarcastic just in case you think that, just letting my dissapointment come out into words :)

Fully understand your rant and anger at not getting it delivered. As Wozza said, you can get your sat delivery payment back :)

Just seems unfortunate that they haven't delivered :(

helikaon

Just had a problem with DPD delivery today.

Was assigned a slot from 1031-1131 am as I paid for the £9 pre-noon delivery service. Woke up my housemate to make sure the ringer (which is connected to his phone as I stay in an apartment building) would be heard.

At ~1135am, received an email saying no one was there to pick up the parcel?! Ridiculous because at 1120am, I got a Fedex delivery who rang us through the ringer, so no way the ringer was not working. My theory is the driver couldn't meet the deadline and just conveniently didn't drop by my house. What is the point of assigning you an hour slot then?! I wouldn't mind getting my parcel a little later!

Needless to say I was both angry and disappointed, it's like waking up on Christmas day to no presents! Managed to find the number of my local depot and phoned them. Credit to DPD, the lad over phone was very helpful. He said it will be delivered tomorrow.

Hopefully I do get my laptop tomorrow, will update accordingly.

helikaon

Just had a problem with DPD delivery today.

Was assigned a slot from 1031-1131 am as I paid for the £9 pre-noon delivery service. Woke up my housemate to make sure the ringer (which is connected to his phone as I stay in an apartment building) would be heard.

At ~1135am, received an email saying no one was there to pick up the parcel?! Ridiculous because at 1120am, I got a Fedex delivery who rang us through the ringer, so no way the ringer was not working. My theory is the driver couldn't meet the deadline and just conveniently didn't drop by my house. What is the point of assigning you an hour slot then?! I wouldn't mind getting my parcel a little later!

Needless to say I was both angry and disappointed, it's like waking up on Christmas day to no presents! Managed to find the number of my local depot and phoned them. Credit to DPD, the lad over phone was very helpful. He said it will be delivered tomorrow.

Hopefully I do get my laptop tomorrow, will update accordingly.

It arrived! The courier was on time so no complaints there! My hard drive did come loose during transit but nothing serious other than that. Will post a review of the laptop (Skyfire II) in a few days time, so look out for that :)

bigmalky

I'm none too happy with their service to be honest. I was supposed to be sent an item tomorrow, apparently bank holiday weekend... Bank holiday is on Monday not on Saturday and there is no BH date on their sites delivery date issues page to say it could not be delivered. I worked in care for years and had to work bank holidays and was never issued BH pay for working a 'bank holiday weekend' so why are other services so good at using this excuse?

Seeing as the item was sent by PCS special next day delivery, it should have been here tomorrow, not on the Tuesday after Mayday.

Again, it's laziness on the part of companies who decide that they don't do certain tasks when it does not suit them.

Rakk

The Awesome
so why are other services so good at using this excuse?
Unfortunately its not just DPD who use this as an excuse as you say - many companies just don't work on bank holidays.
They charge for Saturday deliveries which is why you wont be getting it on the Saturday - I highly suspect all courier companies charge through the nose for Saturday deliveries and don't work on bank holidays :(

bigmalky

Yes it is quite a shame. Funnily enough though, Yodel are delivering a parcel to this address tomorrow and so are Royal Mail so i don't see the issue.

Rakk

The Awesome
Yes it is quite a shame. Funnily enough though, Yodel are delivering a parcel to this address tomorrow and so are Royal Mail so i don't see the issue.
Yes they can all deliver on Saturday, however its not cheap :(

Corfate

Author Level
On a note about Yodel.. The driver knocked at the door the other day, i came flying down the stairs as you do when waiting for a parcel, the driver saw me, dropped the parcel on the floor (literally just let go and let it fall..), walked back to his van, looked at me again and drove off.. Mightly odd. Could have just waited the 5 seconds it takes me to unbolt the door..