The-DPD-Thread-Post-All-Comments-Here!

DanW

Just a quick one to say the delivery service from DPD was spot on. I have found them pretty good in the past too. Tracking was also excellent.

truegrace

Enthusiast
Received my pc yesterday afternoon, box was absolutely spotless, not so much as a mark let alone a hole.

The delivery guy handled the box with extreme care from the van to my door (was watching out the window)

The only very slight thing was the CPU fan had slipped off the cooler, but this is down to design rather than rough handling, could even of come off while I was getting my package upstairs.

All in all 10/10, now if only I didn't have to work.......

Ash

Well my trust in DPD has just taken a knock. They don't seem to be the must intelligent bunch. My PC has been taken from Leeds (50 miles from me) to Birmingham (100+ miles from me).
Hope it still gets delivered tomorrow.

belksy

Packaged arrived very early today after being dispatched only yesterday so I cant fault DPD for that, but I feel that I can fault them for the giant crack in my PC as I cant possibly imagine it leaving PCS in that condition.

In a nutshell, not happy :(

Last edited:

Ash

My PC arrived at 12:20. I was told it was going to arrive between 12:02 and 13:02 so they were spot on. :)
My mum accepted the PC as I popped in to town. She said the man was friendly and polite but when he took the box out his van, he just dropped in on the floor. It's not damaged or broken though so it's all good. :)

keynes

Multiverse Poster
My PC arrived at 12:20. I was told it was going to arrive between 12:02 and 13:02 so they were spot on. :)
My mum accepted the PC as I popped in to town. She said the man was friendly and polite but when he took the box out his van, he just dropped in on the floor. It's not damaged or broken though so it's all good. :)
Good to hear you finally got your pc delivered, I assume it is fully working.

Corfate

Author Level
Packaged arrived very early today after being dispatched only yesterday so I cant fault DPD for that, but I feel that I can fault them for the giant crack in my PC as I cant possibly imagine it leaving PCS in that condition.

In a nutshell, not happy :(

Give PCS a ring and explain the situation? Sure they'll sort you out with a RMA or something :)

Argh, paid the extra for a pre-10am delivery, got an email at 9.49 saying it was out and would be delivered between 8am and 10am... yeah right. Still waiting and I really need to go out soon :/ wouldn't mind if I hadn't paid the extra for it to be guaranteed... fingers crossed they get it here soon... I'm pretty sure there was a reason I paid £75 extra to have it by this morning haha/eek.

El Wayneo

Silver Level Poster
Great to hear you use DPD, they are epic in my area, unlike City link and UPS, i had to stop ordering from places that use those as they are awful.

Rakk

The Awesome
Argh, paid the extra for a pre-10am delivery, got an email at 9.49 saying it was out and would be delivered between 8am and 10am... yeah right. Still waiting and I really need to go out soon :/ wouldn't mind if I hadn't paid the extra for it to be guaranteed... fingers crossed they get it here soon... I'm pretty sure there was a reason I paid £75 extra to have it by this morning haha/eek.
If you give PCS a call, they may be able to talk to DPD and find out when it should turn up, and presuming it gets to you today, given its now after ten, get you a refund on the pre-10am delivery charge.
I presume the tracking site doesn't claim it's been delivered already?

"Your parcel is on the vehicle for delivery", I'll give them a little bit longer but from what I hear of their customer support talking to PCS instead of DPD directly is probably a good call! thanks :)

edit. 1 hour after ringing PCS I get an email saying they tried to deliver and noone was in. Did they ****... I've been here all day waiting, had to cancel what I was supposed to be doing when they failed to turn up by the 10am guarantee...

edit edit, as I was posting that dpd rang to say the driver insisted he'd attempted delivery (hahahaha)... and will try again in about half an hour... we shall see. Credit to PCS though, from what I've read elsewhere it's not easy to get DPD to actually do something when they start lying about delivery attempts... I have a strong suspicion this phony attempted delivery is an attempt to get out of having to refund on the failure to deliver on time for a guaranteed 10am delivery.

Last edited:
no delivery at 3pm as promised, I rang PCS again and was promised delivery by 7.30 - tracking shows that it's now back at the DPD depot. Not an inch PCS's fault, who were fantastic today, but just about stacks up with every review I've seen of DPD. Not happy at all. Back on the phone first thing tomorrow morning I guess to add to the ever increasing bill.

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
lol funny considering a few months ago everyone was complaining about Yodel, now everytone starting to realise every delivery company is as bad as the others. lol.

Sorry to hear urs has been held up, hope u get it tomorrow.

lol funny considering a few months ago everyone was complaining about Yodel, now everytone starting to realise every delivery company is as bad as the others. lol.

Sorry to hear urs has been held up, hope u get it tomorrow.

It arrived today, not before 10 as promised (again) but just before I had to leave (midday) so at least on the day. I wouldn't mind so much about being a day late if it hadn't been for all the lies from DPD about attempted deliveries and supposed times of delivery that never happened. DPD (around Reading & Guildford at least) aren't worth a penny and I'll avoid ever ordering urgent items with them again. Thumbs up to PCS though - Matthew yesterday and I have to apologise but I forget who earlier today, I appreciate I was more needy than the average customer but both provided exemplary customer support - I've never dealt with a company before that has promised to 'shout at' or 'jump up and down on' the offending party and I have to say that after a day of cancelling engagements it really does make all the difference to feel like the company are as cheesed off as you feel! If either of the guys I spoke to and who spoke to DPD read this I really do appreciate your efforts, and although I have a suspicion DPD delivered it at the time they intended to regardless, it really is good to know you're not the only one who gives a crap, as it is with so many companies!

tom_gr7

Life Serving
A positive one for DPD from me, picked up my extra 580 from the local depot, easy peasy, nice welsh chappy on the phone, cant complain :)

Zorrro

I may have my own gripe with DPD. We'll see tomorrow. I'm waiting for delivery of my new laptop, which was supposed to be delivered today to my work address. I received an email at approximately 4pm to say it should be delivered between 8am and 6pm. I stayed at work until 6.45pm to no avail, even sitting in reception from 5pm as it's unmanned from that time. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for now, as they could well have attempted delivery at 8am when the reception is also unmanned until 8.30am. (This doesn't explain the lack of calling card, however.)

I'll make sure I'm at work before 8am tomorrow and see how it goes. I did attempt to call DPD at 6pm but it seems like an entirely automated service. I don't blame PCS in the slightest for this, it's not their fault at all, but if a call to them tends to resolve these mishaps then I might pick up the phone early doors.

I'm a bit gutted as the wife has friends round tonight, so I've been consigned to the bedroom!

EDIT - Two text messages just came through at 9.47pm. First one to say my parcel is out for delivery today (19th March) and is due to be delivered between 8am and 6pm. Second one to say my parcel has been delayed as no one was in to sign for the order, and to call an 0844 number regarding redelivery. No other info, not very good at all I'm afraid.

Last edited:

kylmye

Fingers crossed I don't have to put a story in here myself.

PC was shipped out Friday due to arrive tomorrow. Last tracking on DPD website says "Forwarded to Delivery depot" on Friday night. Nothing since then. Really hoping it arrives tomorrow because I'm back in work on Wed.

kylmye

So after 3 days of my packing being "In Transit" it's now gone back to being marked as "At Sortation Facility" and the delivery status is "Awaiting receipt of parcel".

Seriously?