Who's pre-ordered BF3?

tom_gr7

Life Serving
Evening fellow geeks.

Who has pre-ordered BF 3? Where from? For what price?

Looking at ordering, but dunno where from? Wanting to limited edition and a disc copy, so no downloads of origin.

Thanks tom

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
dunno how much but ive preordered from game and amazon just incase one comes early lol, will just sell the other to a mate lol

EDIT: I think amazon is about 29 quid

tom_gr7

Life Serving
i'm thinking gamestation myself only for points on my card though, will have to check how many points i got my game card.

Drunken Monkey

Author Level
i havent actually preordered it, waiting to see if sales flop.... hopefully inticing them to bring the game onto steam. If not just gonna go down the shop pick up a copy and register it on origin ;( EA YOU BAST....)

Since i'm pretty sure it doesn't matter where you get it from (digital/retail), you still need to register the game on origin in order to play it... who the beep do they think they are? FORCING PEOPLE TO DOWNLOAD AND USE A PROGRAM THEY DON'T WANT, beeping liberties... you don't see valve doing that.

oh wait....

suspicious_toes.png

in the meantime i'm deciding whether getting mw3 on a console or the pc ¬.¬

if it has split screen it may have to be on console for me, then again

294612.gif

Last edited:

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
lol they need splitscreen on pc, F1 2011 lets you do it, although they need to catch on that people have multiple monitors and u cud split each player onto their own monitor, theres a patch that lets you do it for potal 2 which is awesome.

Fear

Prolific Poster
Erm back on topic, i ordered mine from amazon the first day it was on there as it was the first and only place i could pre-order at the time and as it was month's ago i can't remember the price but don't forget if they drop the price at all between you pre-ordering and it being despatched you get the lower price even if it goes back up :D and i am pretty sure all pre-orders are the limited edition with the back to karkand map pack so anyone buying after are supposed to have to pay extra for it if they have not pre-ordered or so i read somewhere.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
tbh, if they had learnt as many tricks for graphics on PC as they have with consoles we'd be a lot further and i think its only 5x more powerful in the majority of end results in games

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
id rather just go for bf3, everyone i know thinks i will end up getting mw3, but im gonna hold off, and if i do, it will probably be for the survival mode

Mattyp

Enthusiast
I had it pre ordered for the 360 but have since cancelled that pre order. Will probably end up getting it for PC now, not that fussed about origin though.

Serendipity

Enthusiast
I don't usually pre-order games, I like to hear the reviews from the customers first before doing anything. BF3 looks f'ing sweet though, I might get it when it hits the shops.

Dayve

I'm pre-ordering as soon as Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs sends me my tax refund from 2008. Gotta hand it to them, it's only taken them almost 4 years to get it back to me. Gonna pre-order it for the free BF2 maps that come with it. Also ordering Skyrim and SWTOR.

I don't usually preorder games either, but I'm ordering BF3 and Skyrim just based on the strength on BF2 and Oblivion, both of which I played for thousands of hours. As for SWTOR, if I don't preorder it I won't get to play until Amazon deliver on 6 January, but the game is released on 22 Dec.

MeveM

Bright Spark
I'm pre-ordering as soon as Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs sends me my tax refund from 2008. Gotta hand it to them, it's only taken them almost 4 years to get it back to me. Gonna pre-order it for the free BF2 maps that come with it. Also ordering Skyrim and SWTOR.

I don't usually preorder games either, but I'm ordering BF3 and Skyrim just based on the strength on BF2 and Oblivion, both of which I played for thousands of hours. As for SWTOR, if I don't preorder it I won't get to play until Amazon deliver on 6 January, but the game is released on 22 Dec.

EA's also said they're only selling enough SWTOR copies that the servers can handle. If they reach that capacity then they'll sell more copies once the servers are more stable and can handle more players, or added more servers. They're approaching it very nicely, instead of selling tons and having everyone ***** and moan about server quality only to leave after the 4 free weeks due to rubbish servers and ridicules queues.
Also not doing the mistake of throwing up 100 servers only to have to shut down 75% of them after the first 4 weeks, making it look bad. So yes, get your pre orders in for SWTOR or you might miss out.