Wtf

oli090

Enthusiast
Heyy, 2 days ago i came on here built a pc and spoke on the forums. i edited my pc with help from forums members. i come on here today to look at payments and such. I click amd section and it has reseted my build. when i click processors it hasnt got mine so i goto top spec pcs and the amd phenom 11 6x is there when i build the exact pc as before it comes out to about £70 more than before. can some one please explain why its done this. i would like a good answer from a admin soon if possible.

UndeadJack

Master Poster
Heyy, 2 days ago i came on here built a pc and spoke on the forums. i edited my pc with help from forums members. i come on here today to look at payments and such. I click amd section and it has reseted my build. when i click processors it hasnt got mine so i goto top spec pcs and the amd phenom 11 6x is there when i build the exact pc as before it comes out to about £70 more than before. can some one please explain why its done this. i would like a good answer from a admin soon if possible.

First off, the builder only holds them temporarily (unless you have ordered, I think.) -Have you deleted cookies or cache recently?You may have modified your order so it is more expensive and are you sure it is the same HDD?? Hard drives are currently A BOMB to buy because of flooding affecting production.

Rakk

The Awesome
Did you save your build as a quote? If so you should be able to find it in your admin pages - though if you can no longer pick the processor you originally chose though it probably would reset it all (this could be because they are no longer receiving those ones, or they know it may be a while til they get more in) since you can't order stuff that is no longer available.

Things can change price daily and unfortunately the prices can go up, hard drive prices have been sky rocketing recently, this may be one of the reasons why your specified build is more expensive. Either that or you added something extra that you forgot about originally :)

oli090

Enthusiast
its same everything just not in home pcs in top spec. its kinda crap how its in a diff section and its £70 more

Last edited by a moderator:

UndeadJack

Master Poster
The top spec builder uses regular CPUs, the Home/office one uses Llano APUs which incorporate a GPU into the processor. Different products pal

oli090

Enthusiast
i no but yesterday amd phenoms were in home office pcs. believe me they have changed it alot and im waiting for a admin who knows about website changes comes on :/

UndeadJack

Master Poster
Well the reason they have changes is because they are restructuring the product catalogue to suit the current products on offer - LLano are more relevant for that section. Plus it wasn't Phenoms if I remember it was Athlons.

Phoenix

Prolific Poster
its same everything just not in home pcs in top spec. its kinda crap how its in a diff section and its £70 more
Yeah it's because of the the motherboard :/ The Llano CPU's are going to be taking over the low end section now, did you save a quote in your control panel?