Wtf

oli090

Enthusiast
only 5 days! is there anyway i just get this pc built for me but like when i get the money. like in a week or something?

oli090

Enthusiast
i mean this website is easiest and cheapest out there but now theve changed it its more expensive than before and more than other sites.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Everywhere is more expensive,mostly due to the rising cost of HDDs I reckon,
& they could go up in price before going down, if they ever do.

Last edited:

UndeadJack

Master Poster
i mean this website is easiest and cheapest out there but now theve changed it its more expensive than before and more than other sites.
That is the equivalent of saying I won't buy petrol from you as you raised your price, or I won't shop at tesco anymore because what I wanted's price has changed

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
That is the equivalent of saying I won't buy petrol from you as you raised your price, or I won't shop at tesco anymore because what I wanted's price has changed

Not at all, hes saying i wont buy from Asda anymore because Tesco is now cheaper. A perfectly valid point.

The one thing I would say, is that while PCS aim to be the cheapest they dont necesserily manage it, however they more than make up for this with their customer service.

Maestro

no, all the phenoms and athlons are pretty much end of life. There may be a few flying around here and there but amd are not importing anymore into the eu. The equivalent and newer amd fx bulldozer is the fx-4100.

955 - 3.2GHZ Quad core
FX-4100 - 3.6GHz Quad core

oli090

Enthusiast
is that the phenom 11 6x 1055t? thats what i was looking at and now it is all changed.

and thanks pcs i will buy from here if i can find what i want if not then i will have to move to another site, sorry but great customer support

oli090

Enthusiast
just been looking at the new amd setup and i need a good enough processor to run minecraft. any reccomends?

oli090

Enthusiast
is this any good

CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1055T

£32.40

Operating System: Microsoft® Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Included

Motherboard: NEW! Gigabyte 880GM-USB3

Included

Memory: 8GB DDR3 1333mhz (2x 4GB)

Included

Hard Drives: 500GB S-ATAII 3.0Gb/s

Included

Optical Drive: 22x DVD±RW DL S-ATA

Included

Graphics card: NEW! NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB

Included

Sound card: Onboard 7.1 Audio

Included

Keyboard and mouse: Keyboard, mouse and speakers

£13.99

Accessories: DVI to HDMI cable

£6.99

Case: Zalman Z9 Plus

£19.00

PSU: 500W Xigmatek

£10.30

its £560 together. is that any good?

UndeadJack

Master Poster
no, all the phenoms and athlons are pretty much end of life. There may be a few flying around here and there but amd are not importing anymore into the eu. The equivalent and newer amd fx bulldozer is the fx-4100.

955 - 3.2GHZ Quad core
FX-4100 - 3.6GHz Quad core

Seems stupid, as they made bad procs

Maestro

The bulldozer FX processors havent had rave reviews because they dont compete with the sandy bridge k-series. That being said they are still better than the phenoms they are replacing and much cheaper than the sandy bridge equivalents.

And the llano processors are far better than the athlons.

UndeadJack

Master Poster
The bulldozer FX processors havent had rave reviews because they dont compete with the sandy bridge k-series. That being said they are still better than the phenoms they are replacing and much cheaper than the sandy bridge equivalents.

And the llano processors are far better than the athlons.

Was ridiculous to do CPUs which are aimed at threaded computing as most stuff is Single-threaded. Like the x4100 - shouldn't be marketed as 4 Cores.