Computer crash.

Shibin

Enthusiast
I got fifa 11 demo and that froze twice,but each freezing came back in like a minute. If you want i can torrent other modern games?...Also when i check my event log i get lots of these kernel errors and some are in critical :/. The only other game i have tried on my computer other than fifa 11 and crysis is a game called urban terror,but its easy to max that game with a computer from 2005 which cost like £500 at the time.

Btw again would like to appreciate everyones willingness to help me.

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
First of all, if you're downloading games via Torrents. Stop this. This is illegal and we cannot support you for this. If you're only downloading demos, download them from the official websites.

I also need to know if the PC is restarting when crashing (BSOD - Blue Screen of Death) or crashing out of the game back to your desktop?

Shibin

Enthusiast
Oh,does downloading torrents void my warranty? o0
Pc crashes,sometimes make a crash dump then restarts,then asks for safe mode or windows normal mode. But i dont get a blue screen its more like lots of lines. And fifa 11 demo was from official site.
I will uninstall crysis immediately if torrents arent supported or voids warranty.

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
No, it's your choice what you download. But playing a "cracked" game on your computer is like putting vegetable oil in your car. It will probably work but your car might not like it and cough/choke.

You need to find a full version non cracked game that you like and test it.

Sleinous

Author Level
Oh,does downloading torrents void my warranty? o0
Pc crashes,sometimes make a crash dump then restarts,then asks for safe mode or windows normal mode. But i dont get a blue screen its more like lots of lines. And fifa 11 demo was from official site.
I will uninstall crysis immediately if torrents arent supported or voids warranty.

Downloading torrents is only illegal if: The file is copyrighted and you do NOT have a copy of the original game (that you have pruchased).
Downloading torrents is not illegal if: You are using it as its intended peer to peer connection. E.g. Some game sites actually use torrent on release of their download version (pay online download instead of disc copy) when their servers are full as this speeds up distribution.
Its also not illegal when just sharing stuff YOU have made. E.g. I write a word doc with some nonsense in it then share it through p2p its not illega.
Also, like I mentioned earlier, if you OWN a copy of whatever you are torrenting, be it cracked or whatever, it is NOT illegal, as you are allowed to keep a copy for backup purposes.

Shibin

Enthusiast
I am not in the state currently to buy a new game as i really cant afford one atm. I guess crysis could be causing a problem as it is a torrent,but the fifa 11 demo and the crysis pre-release demo caused problems too...although fifa not as much as crysis.

Slienous can i have a link to the vid memory tester?

Also i still havent got a reply if i should download the hotfix 10.9a or for the bios loading image.

So am confused as to what my options are atm..any help is really needed.

"If you want trouble free gaming, get a wii."-lol maestro :D

Last edited:

Gishank

Bright Spark
@Slenious;

It is illegal to torrent a game, be it cracked or otherwise even if you own it. It is also against a games EULA to decompile/modify core components (aka cracking it), or redistribute it without written permission of the Publisher.

Sleinous

Author Level
Here is the link to the VMT.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=P8HVA0CN

The folder VMTCE is only if you wish to mount the iso inside this folder to a disc so you can launch it on startup.

What you need to use is the vmt.exe (greenish icon) located in the root folder when you extract it from the zip file.

vmtpart1.png

On the next screen you will often get something about having more than 1000MB of Video RAM, for the time being ignore that, it will only test 968MB I think, unless you configure it otherwise and I never figured out how so just test 968MB for now.

Then you get the screen below, click YES.

vmtpart2.png

and those thousands of errors would be false errors, not erors on read/write of video memory.

Last edited:

Shibin

Enthusiast
I knew torrents were illegal,never knew that they caused problems to computer...other than if it could have a virus. But that would come up in virus scanner so :/

Going to do vmt test,thanks slienous

Shibin

Enthusiast
139 errors running the "full test" for half an hour. Estimated time was 15:30 hours which was too much lol. 139 errors in 8 tests out of 236 clearly isnt good :/. Am getting even more worried.

Sleinous

Author Level
You ran it in full screen yes? You could NOT see any background? You ran it with onscreen buffer switched on? If you want I can try it myself later.

Shibin

Enthusiast
No background,fullscreen,onscreen buffer on. And i still got that many error. Doing the small version of the test didnt give me any errors. But both were run in exact same conditions.

I checked up on the kernel cevent id 41 which was critical and reported for when the crashes happened and i found that it was scenario 3 as bugcheckcode was 0

Scenario 3: The system randomly restarts and no Stop error BugcheckCode is listed, or the computer is completely unresponsive (hard hang)

To check whether this scenario is occurring, press the CAPS LOCK key on the keyboard. When you do this, if the CAPS LOCK light on the keyboard does not change when you press the CAPS LOCK key, the computer may be completely unresponsive (hard hang).

This scenario usually indicates a problem with the hardware. Another possibility is that a driver may cause this problem. To help isolate the problem, check the following items:

1. Overclocking: Disable overclocking and see whether the issue happens when the system is run at the correct speed.
2. Check the memory: Verify the memory by using a memory checker. Verify that each memory chip is the same speed and that it is configured correctly in the system.
3. Power Supply: Make sure that the power supply has enough wattage to appropriately handle the installed devices. If you added memory, installed a newer processor, installed additional drives, or added external devices, such devices may require more energy than the current power supply can provide consistently.
4. Overheating: Check whether the system is overheating by examining the internal temperature of the hardware.
5. Defaults: Use system defaults, and run the system.

Snooping around on the internetz i think i have to do a debugging?....and also i found this info above from microsoft help. So its one of these problems i conclude :/

Links: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2028504 and http://blogs.technet.com/b/askcore/...l-mode-blue-screen-crashes-for-beginners.aspx

Also i still need help about the hotfix 10.9a and the bios loading screen.

Ran memory diagonostics,memory is fine. I really am getting worried as the solutions are running out fast. Hopefully there is no problem especially with the gpu as the gpu is an asus cucore 5770 which is a really good design, only problem with it is that it screams at the start of a game but thats it.

Last edited:

Sleinous

Author Level
@Slenious;

It is illegal to torrent a game, be it cracked or otherwise even if you own it. It is also against a games EULA to decompile/modify core components (aka cracking it), or redistribute it without written permission of the Publisher.

No, it isnt, especially if it is distributed by the company itself. Ive already been given many a tracker by the game company with my billing recepit telling me to either download from central server OR from p2p using a 3rd party app.

It is illegal to have the cracks, but NOT to download a complete untouched/unedited version of somethign you already own/have paid for.

Shibin

Enthusiast
3d vantage scores. http://service.futuremark.com/home.action?resultId=2573281&resultType=19

Coudnt change resoultion or aa etc so they were like basic settings ie: 1280 x 764. There was some stuttering when it was being done but dont know what to make of it. Each stutter lasted like 3 seconds.

Will edit uniengine scores in.

edit: No stuttering in uniengine,only stuttering was because there wasnt enough fps,there wasnt any surprising stuttering or crashes etc. All setings highest possible including 1080p,sound disabled.
Min fps:2.3
Max fps:23
Avg fps:9.3

Hopefully that gave you guys something to ponder about :D. Also if someone can look into kernel 41 and the hotfix 10.9a it would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Shibin

Enthusiast
Uninstalled crysis completely,made a note to never ever get a torrent. Hopefully crashes will stop. Although i was told i will get a email with tests done to a 5770 from tech support and am waiting on that.Another thing i need help with is the hotfix 10.9a driver worth downloading for ati 5770.Next on the list is my monitor,when i called tech support i got told to send an email to enquiries with pictures of the monitor which i did...am not sure if this is being looked into as when i was ordering my pc i didnt get a reply from enquiries for several emails.

New problem edit: When i put my computer to sleep i cant wake it up whichever button i press,to solve the situation i have to turn off power and then turn on computer again...please help.

Last edited:

Sleinous

Author Level
The sleep issue used to happen on my old laptop, and an old desktop of ours, not sure how I fixed it though so may have to do a bit of googling first. Either was somethign to do with the GPU driver or the way the HDD was configured to resume from sleep.