Computer crash.

Shibin

Enthusiast
New driver for ati cards :/. Current driver is 10.9. Just recieved another problem with my computer. Downloaded the moh open beta released today and ending october 7th and getting huge artefacts,and i mean huge...pink colours everywhere,screen tearing.Temps reaching 80ish degrees.

I really am stuck at the minute on what to do with this comp.

Sleinous

Author Level
New driver for ati cards :/. Current driver is 10.9. Just recieved another problem with my computer. Downloaded the moh open beta released today and ending october 7th and getting huge artefacts,and i mean huge...pink colours everywhere,screen tearing.Temps reaching 80ish degrees.

I really am stuck at the minute on what to do with this comp.

Gorman just linked me to it too. Could be that its beta, but unlikely, have you given tech support a ring yet on 0844 499 4000?

Shibin

Enthusiast
I called them when i was getting crashes with crysis,they just told they will do tests and email me....also fyi i have uninstalled crysis and all elements of it with utorrent. Still havent got a reply,just like the monitor. Maybe its a backlog but am not sure. Second crash with moh beta: Card reached 80 degrees,artefacted then crashed. Ie: kernel event id 41 critical.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_haPYohHHj4

Same settings as me and that computer seems to be fine,around same processor and same ram.

I really am confused and i seem to be getting no help(dare i say it) from pc spec.

Sleinous

Author Level
I called them when i was getting crashes with crysis,they just told they will do tests and email me....also fyi i have uninstalled crysis and all elements of it with utorrent. Still havent got a reply,just like the monitor. Maybe its a backlog but am not sure. Second crash with moh beta: Card reached 80 degrees,artefacted then crashed. Ie: kernel event id 41 critical.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_haPYohHHj4

Same settings as me and that computer seems to be fine,around same processor and same ram.

I really am confused and i seem to be getting no help(dare i say it) from pc spec.

Dont worry, if its artifacting its nearly certain a faulty GPU. PCS will no doubt tell you what to do from here on :)

PCS

Administrator
Staff member

It's Monday evening and no staff are online tonight. Our official support hours are Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm and Saturdays 9am - 1pm.

As I originally suggested, the crashing sounds like a bad graphics card. Please call us during our opening hours and we will arrange to exchange this card for you.

Shibin

Enthusiast
No pcs i completely understand and i know i was harsh in that statement,but its just no one has helped me in this thread except slienous(who am really thankfull for,but isnt a pc spec team) in the last 48 hours in this thread. But ofc it is the weekend etc and its stupid of me.

As i said i have called tech support and all i got told was they would test the 5770 and give me results over email. Do you suggest i try hotfix 10.9a drivers from amd to see if it sorts it out?. Also about temps,made an accurate check and computer seems to fail at 85 degrees ish and when window is open it seems to stay around 81-82 but this also means am awfully cold(newcastle upon tyne).

Your call PCS,because right now am confused as hell as the card is fine when under normal conditons,but under games it goes :/. Card artefacted twice but it doesnt seem to reappear.

~Thanks,Shibin

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Can you check the fan on the card is working, just in case a cable has got in the way of the fan?

Shibin

Enthusiast
Monitored on ati catayst center,game seems to die at 80ish degress again and fan speed was 75ish percent. Should i unlock ati catalyst and put it to 100%. I suspect that maybe the problem isnt gpu if it isnt making the fan higher by itself?

Shibin

Edit:Just to confuse you guys even more and give you more anomalies ,placed the game on lowest settings possible and even lowered resolution from 1920 x 1080 to 1600 x 1000. It crashed and restarted once and the game crashed by itself 3 times. Can anyone else check if this is just me or this is happening to them on moh?. I suspect the game could be crashing with pc temperatures,will monitor and tell them soon.

There are many good PSUs out there, please do have a look at our many PSU reviews as we have loads of recommended PSUs for you to check out in there. What would happen if your PSU can't cope with the load?:

* bad 3D performance
* crashing games
* spontaneous reset or imminent shutdown of the PC
* freezing during gameplay
* PSU overload can cause it to break d
from http://www.guru3d.com/article/powercolor-radeon-hd-5770-pcs-review/5. They say you need a 450w minimum....psu problems?.....ahh everything is so confusing. On the review they say temps at load are 78,mine are like 85 and then crashes cos of 85...and the powercolor is slightly overclocked. Theres so many factors atm and the fact that it crashes at lowest settings possible doesnt help.

Last edited:

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Can you check the fan on the card is working, just in case a cable has got in the way of the fan?

Please can you open up the left side panel (looking from the front) and check the fan on the graphics card is not being hindered at all.

Gorman

Author Level
Hi Shibin, This forum is run on a volunteer basis by PCS staff so i wouldnt expect too much over a weekend, thats why we always bang on about it not being an official channel for support etc.

So where are we with this now then? to be honest i would have expected the card to be replaced by now, have you called us recently? Who did you speak to who was going to run "tests"?

Shibin

Enthusiast
Yeh it was crazy of me to think someone would work when it was thier off day.Apologies. Last i called about was the when the tech support told me they would do tests and send an email to me,i forgot the exact date. And no i dont remeber being told a name,isnt it kinda awkward asking thier name..when they havent told you thier name as if its really official or something. Maybe i forgot but yeah. Also am still unsure if its the cards fault as running moh on lowest settings still crashed it,tbh i dont know what it is..most likely card though. Because there were artefacts etc once...bah just read my old posts :D

Last edited:

Gorman

Author Level
fair enough, so as PCS suggests i would let them know you would like to get the card replaced.

Shibin

Enthusiast
Talked to JACK :D from tech support right now about monitor,its gonna be sorted out...yippee,he said he thinks it is faulty.

Shibin

Enthusiast
I thought you were going to sort it out :/...i didnt know i had to tell tech support about it. And lines are closed now. I confirmed pickup of the monitor for this coming tuesday.

edit:
so as PCS suggests i would let them know you would like to get the card replaced.
Sorry gorman i fail at reading,will do it tomorrow.

Last edited: