Is Day Z worth getting ?

Jiyuu

Silver Level Poster
Literately takes Dayz for the game to start up for me!

I'm playing at the moment, but I doubt I'd be able to find anyone. I'm hiding out at the top of a lighthouse, planning my next move... I could be here a while.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
was just on a Uk server east of vyshnoye, crouching through the trees, heard a chopper, dropped to the ground, they fired at what I presume was someone near stary sobor.

At that point I thought it was a good time for lunch before they returned.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
was just on a Uk server east of vyshnoye, crouching through the trees, heard a chopper, dropped to the ground, they fired at what I presume was someone near stary sobor.

At that point I thought it was a good time for lunch before they returned.

So, yeh...vehicles...they're going to rather unbalance the game towards gangs :D

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Indeed, and going on how Zs in DayZ seem able inexplicably to clime ladders, we'd probably get Zs in tanks and choppers too! :D

THE HORROR!

Jiyuu

Silver Level Poster
I dropped in a random server earlier and the atmosphere was on fire. There were virtually no zombies around either, so I could of easily gone around scavenging with no danger of dying... took all the fun out of the game though, so I ended up just quitting out.

dangro474

Bright Spark
Until they address the issue of instant log out and server hopping i'm not touching this game. Too open to abuse by $%^"£

tom_gr7

Life Serving
Until they address the issue of instant log out and server hopping i'm not touching this game. Too open to abuse by $%^"£

to be honest, there is alot of complaining on the dayz forums, but I aint ran into many problems at all, or what i did run into seem to have been fixed. The loading time has been decreased, so its not as frustrating as it was a few weeks ago.

Sure there is still the problem of players logging out and "hopping" into other servers, or "alt-f4'in", but rocket has started collecting data about these things, how often people log out etc etc.

Hacking is apparently a problem on busier servers, but this can this be helped as the mod is tied to Arma II and stuck with battleye? i dunno nothing about hacking lol, so aint really got much of an opinion of it. haha

Jiyuu

Silver Level Poster
I'm stuck on a roof! I climbed up to get a scope of the area and now I can hear a mass of zombies waiting for me at the bottom of the ladder :( On the plus side I found myself with a gun - I don't remember picking it up... my finger just happened to hit the scroll wheel and there it was :)

arma2oa2012080121422686.jpg

Drunken Monkey

Author Level
So there i was in the middle of nowhere when all of a sudden i come across this farmhouse surrounded by zombies.
"Guns", i thought.
Spending ages crawling around in the dirt, edging closer to what looked like the front of the house. i crawl round the corner just to find out the doors locked -.- then i get killed

why do zombies hate me?
why is it they can see me from a mile off but if i run away and hide in a bush (Assassin creed style :p) they cant?
Also i've noticed that if you keep running they never catch you ?! so now all i do is run round linking up zombies ... run into someone with a gun, hopefully the zombies kill the guy with the gun, and 3 times out of 10 i have enough time to rob the corpse :p and take a few of them down with me :p

its pretty much the most engrossing game i've ever played, the only thing i've ever spent more time on is BF3 although it is a very unique (in my experience) game. The most fun i have ever had is playing this with a couple of my work mates trying to be tactical, firing my LEEEEROY-JENKINS (Lee enfield) Rifle, being surrounded by what seemed like at the time a million zeds.

highly recommend it as long as you can dedicate some time to it every couple of days.

i also recommend the videos of a guy called "SideStrafe" on youtube, his dayZ videos are well talked-through and he is one of the best Youtube commentators i've ever come across.