NVidia 3000 series confirmed details

zweenzta

Gold Level Poster
Yeah pcs said stock was suppose to be in for rog 3080, but asus just not giving them notice with their dates and delaying it every week.. Seems all rather nightmare for those who have ordered over other sites and not just pcs for these cards. Hopefully the stock for them come in gradually for next week.

Keeping fingers crossed for those who have ordered the rog 3080 get this very soon.
Yeah I'm one of those. Keep tempting to switch to non-ROG with the hopes of speeding up my order, but havent yet

Last edited:

sebinou

Bronze Level Poster
Yeah I'm on eof those. Keep temptingto switch to non-ROG with the hopes of speeding up my order, but havent yet
Dont.
I ordered a non rog on launch day and im still waiting for the build (pre profuction 15days now).
So you re not missing out ;)

target680

Bronze Level Poster
Thanks. That was useful. I only had the one cable connected. Now I have two. Wow, that was fiddly. There's a reason I don't build my own. :)

Its a shame this wasn't in place before the build with all the public messaging about the power draw of the cards.

Appreciate your thoughts, Alex.
Do you have a picture for refernce by any chance?

Shane

Do you have a picture for refernce by any chance?

Is this any use?

Cables.png

What isn't shown here is the other end of the other second cable is plugged into a separate port on the PSU (that was the super fiddly bit).

whohe123

Mine has just gone into build. Liquid series with water block ordered on 22nd, standard card. Though I got an email saying EK water blocks won't be coming until mid late oct so I guess the build will be waiting on that. Also maybe the build is being started and on hold until they get a 3080 for me who knows..

whohe123

yeah 22nd sept. As I said they did email saying they were awaiting the water cooler for the card and also the 3080 so it may just be the other parts being built I've no idea. I ordered the standard 3080 fyi.

Godders

yeah 22nd sept. As I said they did email saying they were awaiting the water cooler for the card and also the 3080 so it may just be the other parts being built I've no idea. I ordered the standard 3080 fyi.
Mine was the standard 3080 too. Oh well, fingers crossed we get them before Cyberpunk! :LOL: :LOL:

D

Deleted member 103489

Yeah, don't think their will be to much waiting now. :)

AlexJames

Bronze Level Poster
Thanks. That was useful. I only had the one cable connected. Now I have two. Wow, that was fiddly. There's a reason I don't build my own. :)

Its a shame this wasn't in place before the build with all the public messaging about the power draw of the cards.

Appreciate your thoughts, Alex.
No problem! Glad I could help and glad you've got it sorted and now hopefully others won't have the problem we had, and if they do hopefully they can resolve it!

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
View attachment 18925

What isn't shown here is the other end of the other second cable is plugged into a separate port on the PSU (that was the super fiddly bit).

The lower pic into the GPU. If that's how the cable is currently sitting I would go back in and fix it. The left hand side of the lower picture shows that the plug isn't in correctly. The little notch goes into the side of the 6 pin plug to hold it level. As it is right now it's basically hardly connected (if at all). You will get no end of issues if you leave it like this.

You can see the right hand plug shows the 6+2 pin flush.

D

Deleted member 103489

Might still be in for that extra wait for my computer, but we got fttp installed today. What diffrence from going from 50mb to this.

Attachments

• Untitled-2.jpg
    Untitled-2.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 175