Poll about our forums

Did our forum directly influence your decision to purchase a PC from us?

• Total voters

Gorman

Author Level
I'm just curious to know if the community / information available here on the forums was a factor in your decision to purchase.

Dont forget to hit the answer buttons for the poll!

Last edited:

pez

In first :D

I said yes btw - although I thought that would be somewhat obvious as I've spent 6 mths looking before buying ;)

Last edited:

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
I think I may have gone ahead anyway, but direct responses to my questions, or reading other posts that answered what I wanted to know certainly made me stay!

With any purchase of this size, shopping around is a great idea, but when you have a resource like these forums to back up what you see on the main site, it seems a bit redundant to go searching elsewhere.

Cheers

DED

P.S. Also, I haven't had a decent forum to post about stuff and interact with a likeminded community since I stopped playing EVE!

Kaitel

Bronze Level Poster
For me it was the very competitive prices combined with the custom build system, so I voted no, although the forums did help me finalize a few details and solve a few problems, improved my general customer satisfaction that's for sure.

Koukalaka

I voted no, but I don't think that is a dis-service to the forums at all, it gave me a lot of confidence in my purchase (arriving tomorrow hopefully), and whilst I didn't specifically need any advice, knowing what I wanted etc, it was great to see such interactivity between PCS and their community on the forums, plus it gave me something more interesting to refresh whilst waiting for updates on my build.

The forums are an amazing plus, but personally I would have bought from here anyway, the prices being so competitive plus the great testimonials on the main site helped make my decision, rather than the forums: they just gave me peace of mind in case I do have some problems.

pengipete

Rising Star
It didn't - partly because I'd bought from PCS before so I knew I'd get a good build but mostly because I didn't know the forum existed until after I'd ordered. If I'd known about the forum - especially the sections where other people can help advise on builds - I would definitely have been here before buying.

It may be worth adding prominant links to the forum on the configurator section of the main site - maybe something at the top of the build options to say that advice is available.

Hasta

I voted yes.

I haven't purchased anything yet but don't get me wrong, I wouldn't be hanging around the forums if I wasn't.

I think for some of us (inc me) who aren't as tech savvy as others, letting people who know and who have purchased from here before look over your spec, analyze it and tell you what you can change to save money or what would be a better choice would make that person feel reassured about their decision which I did.

Also to be honest, a forum was one thing I was looking for. I've known restaurants post their own reviews on their own business to make it look better so I rarely look at review sites.

I'm not saying that is the case for this site, but if I wanted to find dissatisfied customers then I'd find them coming to this forum and I haven't seen anything like that here and believe me I lurk :devil2:

Also the fact that the quite a lot of the staff are keen forum users happily helping out people and answering questions is doubly reassuring along with how competitive the prices are on this site.

And I'm done :)

Last edited:

Freeley

Definitely a yes for me - PCS are pretty much unique from what i could see with regards to having their own forum. You've got to have confidence in your product and service to do that when forum users are given the freedom to say what they like with little or no interference from the mods.

From initially ordering a mesh pc with no knowledge of what the components were, thanks to them mucking me about for a month i used the time to find the PCS website and the rest as they say is history!
I learnt a huge amount from the very helpful posters on here who helped me to spec a system i'm delighted with - even if my initial budget of £900 ended up being somewhere north of £1300!

I wouldn't consider going anywhere else in the future and have recommended PCS to anyone who'll listen!

PokerFace

Banned
Yes from me too.

Especially when I saw the help people were getting if they had a problem, whether it was a technical problem or them just being a bit thick (like me!).

A strange thing though, I looked at the PCS site about a year ago (not the forum), but when I googled PCS I was put off by a few bad reviews. When I returned some months later (after giving up on finding what I wanted in PC World etc.) I googled again and found sites where the GOOD reviews by far surpassed the poor reviews and therefore I took the plunge and so far so good!

Anyway, like I said...a BIG PLUS for me is this great forum.

HEEYYYYY!!!! I just realised, a forum is only as "great" as it's members......i.e. "I" "ME" "MOI" "YO"...must be GREEEAAATTT!! :yes:

Phil_B

Yes from me too. Getting feedback on my spec helped reinforce my decisions and added confidence in what I was going to buy was suitable for what I wanted. Also seeing the responses of the staff on the forum added to overall confidence in the company. So I too took the plung and joined the ranks of the other desperate f5 key-punchers hoping in some way to speed up my build.

Fear

Prolific Poster
Yes from me aswell, i did not use the forums for asking about spec myself i know quite a lot do which is good if your not sure about something but what really swung it for me is that you do not have to log in to the forums and already own or have purchased a PC from them some companys do this and also the problem reports are there for all to see so basically nothing is hidden.

Gorman

Author Level
Thanks for all the feedback and votes so far, keep it going!

Would be good to get a fraction of the 3000+ members so far to vote :p

bg92

Expert
I didn't in my case. I would have purchased from you guys anyway. However the advice I was given was really helpfull :) And this forum is just brilliant.

Al.Neri

Super Star
I wouldn't say the forums were a factor in my decision to purchase as such, I was fairly sure I was going to buy my PC from PCS for a while before they were even created. the forums were however, responsible for the setup I settled on. I got a lot of helpful suggestions from other members on these boards, which influenced the direction I took in respect to which components I chose.

might have been a good idea to add more options, a "to an extent" option would apply more to me than a flat out "yes" or "no"

philwil

For me it was the very competitive prices combined with the custom build system, so I voted no, although the forums did help me finalize a few details and solve a few problems, improved my general customer satisfaction that's for sure.

I'm the same. I've bought from PCS before there was a forum, and am planning to do so again. The forums haven't influenced my decision, but they are extremely helpful all the same.

Nemesis

I wouldnt say that it was the only thing that convinced me to buy from here (My dad had bought here previously so i was fairly confident in you as a company already)
However i had been researching the opposition and being on this forum got rid of any doubt i had about buying.

Also hahahahahahahaha theres 1,394 members who have never even posted

Last edited: