Ryzen™ 2nd Gen Threadripper
Create with Heavy Metal
Design, Compose, Render, and Play. Unlock your potential with 2nd Gen AMD Ryzen™ Threadripper™ Processors
Introducing the first 32-core desktop processor designed to empower digital creators. The 2nd Generation AMD Ryzen™ Threadripper processor features highly advanced technology paired with the brute force of up to 64 processing threads, so your creativity is only limited by imagination. Machine intelligence maximizes your system's performance, while SenseMI grants your essential data backstage access for near instantaneous recall
Unlock every advantage and take your creativity to new heights.
Shred the most demanding games and breathe life into digital creations.
Featuring up to 32 cores, 64 threads and 83MB of cache, 2nd Gen Ryzen Threadripper processors offer power beyond the pale. Whether you're animating the next hit film or indulging in immersive virtual experiences, groundbreaking technology from AMD is the engine powering your dreams.
QUAD CHANNEL DDR4 ECC MEMORY
More memory than a band retrospective. Four memory channels of DDR4 memory and workstation standard ECC (Error Correcting Code) keeps you tight, tuned and perfectly mixed. With help behind the boards, you can lose yourself crafting mesmerizing pieces.
12nm Processor Architecture
"Zen+" architecture, Infinity Fabric interlink, improved energy efficiency1,2, higher clock speeds3 and a smarter boost algorithm enable discerning workstation connoisseurs to harness the technology capable of realizing their creative visions. Exhibit your skills with no limitations.
Machine Intelligence at the silicon level
AMD SenseMI4 technology, a suite of self-aware features, analyze your system's environment and workload to deliver the best results in every situation, so every performance is an improvement on the last. Upgraded Precision Boost 2 and XFR 2 (Extended Frequency Range) support higher multi-threaded frequencies, and new AMD StoreMI storage technology accelerates OS and application loading5, so you spend less time waiting and more time creating.
The Ultimate Desktop Platform
AMD's Socket sTR4 was designed with future compatibility in mind, so 2nd Gen Threadripper processors will work on existing socket sTR4 motherboards with a simple BIOS update6. The forward-thinking, scalable AMD X399 platform offers unmatched I/O and expansion for serious multi-GPU and NVMe arrays. In addition, quad channel DDR4, 64 PCIe lanes, ECC support, and unlocked overclocking7 make the X399 a crowd-pleaser for today's, and tomorrow's, digital creators.
Game with a Full Metal Jacket
When your work is done and it's time to kickback and play games, the 2nd Gen Ryzen Threadripper processor hasgot you covered. Whether you're fighting on the battlefield or journeying on aquest, Game Mode, a feature in the AMD Ryzen™ Master software, turns your workstationinto a gaming powerhouse capable of delivering an exciting and immersive gamingexperience on the latest AAA and eSport game titles.
1. At the same TDP of 65W, the AMD Ryzen™ 7 2700 Processor with the 12nm “Zen+” architecture offers up to 16% better performance than the AMD Ryzen™ 7 1700 Processor with the 14nm “Zen” architecture.
2. As measured on 3/25/2018 by AMD Performance Labs using Cinebench R15 nT. Performance for the AMD Ryzen 7 1700 (65W TDP): 1355. Performance for the AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (65W TDP): 1576 (16.3% greater). System configuration: AMD Reference Motherboard + AMD Ryzen™ 7 1700 and 2700, 2x8GB DDR4-3200 (16-16-16-36), Samsung 850 Pro SSD, GeForce GTX 1080 (driver 390.77), Windows® 10 Pro RS3. Results may vary by system configuration and driver version. RZ2-20”
3. 1st gen Ryzen Threadripper processors top out at a maximum 402 GHz clock frequency while 2nD Gen Ryzen Threadripper processors top out at a maximum 4.4 GHz clock frequency
4. AMD SenseMI technology is built into all Ryzen processors, but specific features and their enablement may vary by product and platform. Learn more at http://www.amd.com/en/technologies/sense-mi. GD-126
5. Performance testing conducted by AMD Performance Labs as of 7/16/2018. “Multithreaded workloads” defined as Cinebench R15 nT. World of Warcraft load time evaluated from character select screen to playable character in “Stormshield” zone from Warlords of Draenor™. Google Chrome, Apache OpenOffice, GIMP, and Mozilla Firefox evaluated with application load-time subtest of PCMark® 10. All scores presented in order of 7200 RPM HDD vs. AMD StoreMI technology (HDD+NVMe SSD+2GB RAM). Load times: World of Warcraft: 43.34 seconds vs. 13.633 seconds (68% faster); Google Chrome: 5.41 seconds vs. 0.448 seconds (90% faster); Apache OpenOffice: 13.8 seconds vs. 1.98 seconds (85% faster); GIMP: 6.93 seconds vs. 2.43 seconds (64% faster); Mozilla Firefox: 5.48 seconds vs. 1.32 seconds (75% faster). AMD System configuration: AMD Ryzen™ Threadripper™ 2950X, Corsair H100i CLC, 4x8GB DDR4-3200 (14-14-14-28-1T), Asus Zenith X399 Extreme (BIOS 0008), GeForce GTX 1080 Ti (driver 398.36), Windows® 10 x64 1803, 512GB Samsung 970 EVO NVMe SSD, Samsung 850 Pro SSD, Western Digital Black 2TB HDD. Results may vary with system configuration. RP2-12
6. For information on updating your BIOS see: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/cpu-sbios-update
7. AMD product warranty does not cover damages caused by overclocking, even when overclocking is enabled via AMD hardware. GD-26
©2018 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo, Ryzen, Radeon and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.