Automated Email build dates

synthet1k

Bronze Level Poster
I ordered a new PC for the first time in 5 years to arrive when I got back from the U.S. When I ordered the ETA was the 21st of Jan... Now getting emails saying late Feb...

Processed Date 11-01-2016
Pre-Production Date 12-01-2016

Pay no attention to the dates you get via email. Initially mine was also February but as you can see above it made its way through the process in 12 days.

thexcal

Gold Level Poster
Pay no attention to the dates you get via email. Initially mine was also February but as you can see above it made its way through the process in 12 days.

Personally I understand small delays but now on the 8th working day of pre-production... I was due to have it this Thursday based on the dates I was given when I placed the order, as it hasn't entered building yet I think next Thursday will probably be a more realist date.

Not including the extra day for Highlands delivery...

synthet1k

Bronze Level Poster
Personally I understand small delays but now on the 8th working day of pre-production... I was due to have it this Thursday based on the dates I was given when I placed the order, as it hasn't entered building yet I think next Thursday will probably be a more realist date.

Not including the extra day for Highlands delivery...

It seems to fly through the last part of the process though I do hear you. A quick call would be in order maybe? After I emailed to kick up a bit it suddenly got placed into building. No doubt a coincidence but you never know.

For me the dates look like this so far ( for a 15 inch Defiance II order ):
Processed Date: 14-01-2016
Pre-Production Date: 19-01-2016

Hope it will be dispatched next week.

nasha

I ordered a Lafité II on the 4th January and it's still in Pre-Production on it's 12th working day. I keep getting emails saying the build date will be in February. I think they don't have it in stock... If nothing changes by the end of the week I will be cancelling my order and going elsewhere.

jerpers

Master
I must admit, PCS could do better with informing customers of delays and stock issues. My PC Which I purchased in November spent 15 working days just in pre-production. A few calls from me to them on the way put my mind at ease, explaining the delays. Contacting them by phone is always the best way to find out exactly what is going on.

thexcal

Gold Level Poster
I have to agree with the above. I'll give them a call tomorrow morning. If it doesn't enter building in the next 48hrs I'll be cancelling my order and just buying the parts online as I need to have to set up and ready by next Friday. Also allowing time for the highlands delivery.

anlygi

I ordered a Lafité II on the 4th January and it's still in Pre-Production on it's 12th working day. I keep getting emails saying the build date will be in February. I think they don't have it in stock... If nothing changes by the end of the week I will be cancelling my order and going elsewhere.

Great. I ordered mine on 11th and was told 6-8 working days, today is the 7th and still in pre-production. That's really not a great first impression of a company. Between the highly misleading build dates and the inaccurate emails. Not a great way to treat a customer. My £600 Lafite is small change compared to some of the systems they build.

I'm sure not everyone who buys would bother looking at the forum to see emails are wrong too...

A bit more information and transparency would be good.

Edit: I was incorrect above, it was actually 7-9 working days.

Last edited:

Swizz

Production Dates

Processed Date 05-01-2016

I rang PCS earlier today and was told that my desktop was 5th in line to be built, so I am assuming it will be built tomorrow and will have it by next Wednesday. Hopefully!!!

thexcal

Gold Level Poster
Production Dates

Processed Date 05-01-2016

I rang PCS earlier today and was told that my desktop was 5th in line to be built, so I am assuming it will be built tomorrow and will have it by next Wednesday. Hopefully!!!

Ours entered Pre-Production on the same date so I hope you are right!

Greenman

Enthusiast
Processed Date 04-01-2016
Pre-Production Date 05-01-2016

Got stock in today for mine now so hoping it enters building tomorrow.

I received an automated email today again, but now it says 4th of February. The last one said 8th of February, so its getting better, but compared to 6-8 days it is still way too long.
In the meantime PCS replied to me in email to ignore these dates, and they estimate my Defiance II to be built by mid next week. I really hope it will be dispatched by Friday of next week.

Well I've just had a rather disappointing call with PCS.

Phoned them for an update as per the general consensus on this thread. I've just been informed it's still 3-4 working days away from even going into build, then we have the estimated 3-4 working days for build / test / QA and eventually despatch, then allow one working day for mainland UK delivery... All in all that's about 7-10 working days left until it's delivered; basically a fortnight.

As of today, I am on 8th Working Day Pre-production (ordered on 11/01); i.e. today is the original estimate for despatch I received at time of order, and I'm basically looking at another fortnight's wait, assuming everything goes right first time and no issues are encountered - That's more than double their original estimate!

Disappointing to say the least.

Message to take away from this? - The automated emails actually aren't that far out, providing you change "build date" to "receipt date".

I'm very unimpressed with PCS so far. I only hope it'll be worth it if / when they eventually do get around to my order. As it is, what I originally intended to use this laptop for, I now can't, as it simply won't arrive in time. In fact, best-case scenario is it'll be delivered whilst I'm away on business (laptop-less!) and so in reality, I'm looking at 4 weeks until I can actually physically receive the new laptop.

I think my only option going forwards is I'll have to ring PCS every day / every-other-day now in order to get the relevant order updates and updated timescales. I can only hope to apply a bit of pressure in order to see if I can expedite this at all. At the same time, as per thexcal's comments above, I'm going to end up losing many evenings looking at alternatives, and weighing up cancelling this order against ordering parts individually and building the machine myself.

synthet1k

Bronze Level Poster
Well I've just had a rather disappointing call with PCS.

Phoned them for an update as per the general consensus on this thread. I've just been informed it's still 3-4 working days away from even going into build, then we have the estimated 3-4 working days for build / test / QA and eventually despatch, then allow one working day for mainland UK delivery... All in all that's about 7-10 working days left until it's delivered; basically a fortnight.

As of today, I am on 8th Working Day Pre-production (ordered on 11/01); i.e. today is the original estimate for despatch I received at time of order, and I'm basically looking at another fortnight's wait, assuming everything goes right first time and no issues are encountered - That's more than double their original estimate!

Disappointing to say the least.

Message to take away from this? - The automated emails actually aren't that far out, providing you change "build date" to "receipt date".

I'm very unimpressed with PCS so far. I only hope it'll be worth it if / when they eventually do get around to my order. As it is, what I originally intended to use this laptop for, I now can't, as it simply won't arrive in time. In fact, best-case scenario is it'll be delivered whilst I'm away on business (laptop-less!) and so in reality, I'm looking at 4 weeks until I can actually physically receive the new laptop.

I think my only option going forwards is I'll have to ring PCS every day / every-other-day now in order to get the relevant order updates and updated timescales. I can only hope to apply a bit of pressure in order to see if I can expedite this at all. At the same time, as per thexcal's comments above, I'm going to end up losing many evenings looking at alternatives, and weighing up cancelling this order against ordering parts individually and building the machine myself.

Processed Date 01-01-2016
Build Date 14-01-2016
Test Date 15-01-2016
QC Date 19-01-2016
Awaiting Dispatch Date 19-01-2016
Dispatch Date 19-01-2016

I'll post this again in case it helps anyone figure out when they'll likely get their machine. Really do wish they'd vastly improve their communications, for the money some people are laying out it's crazy.

thexcal

Gold Level Poster
Build Date 14-01-2016
Test Date 15-01-2016
QC Date 19-01-2016
Dispatch Date 19-01-2016

I'll post this again in case it helps anyone figure out when they'll likely get their machine. Really do wish they'd vastly improve their communications, for the money some people are laying out it's crazy.

Mine just went in to building ten minutes ago...

Processed Date 11-01-2016
Build Date 21-01-2016

Build Date 14-01-2016
Test Date 15-01-2016
QC Date 19-01-2016
Dispatch Date 19-01-2016

To give PCS credit; they are very open about the difficulties they are experiencing and rather apologetic of the current circumstances may of us are in, if/when you do give them a call and actually get to talk to a human being.

I'd rather PCS communicated this without the need for me to chase but at least this is a step in the right direction.

Thanks for posting your actuals synthet1k, the update I got from the phone call unfortunately pushes my build past the timeframes you had for yours. Responding in kind, hopefully these new estimated dates will be useful to other users. - I should stress both estimated AND verbally communicated.

Processed Date (actual) - 11/01/2016
Pre-Production (actual) - 12/01/2016 (+1 working day)

Build date (latest estimate) - 27/01/2016 (+11 working days)
Test date (latest estimate) - 29/01/2016 (+2 working days) - evidently, there is a bottleneck going into test at the moment
QC Date (estimate; using Synthet1k's actuals) - 02/02/16 (+2 working days)
Awaiting Despatch (estimate; using Synthet1k's actuals) - 02/02/16 (same day)
Despatch Date (estimate; using Synthet1k's actuals) - 02/02/16 (same day)
Delivery Date (estimate; probably wishful thinking) - 03/02/16 (+1 working day)

Evidently, things should get better once the Christmas backlog has been broken and we move into February. However, for anyone who ordered around the middle of January, I think we should be setting expectations for a total of 17 working days from point of order to point of receipt. - Basically, 4 weeks total.

I'll try and keep this snapshot updated over the coming weeks but I'm away wc 1st February so may not be able to keep on top of this as much I'd like.

Well I considered quite a few Clevo resellers in the EU.
The other, which I would be comfortable to buy from, sells the same model, with the same specs ( except they don't even offer a 3k or 4k display option ) for 626 EUR more. Even if in theory they ship faster, You can also buy a 3 day fast track service from PCS, and they would still be much cheaper than the other one.
Plus I absolutely agree with @CallMeJoda. They always answer the emails, phone calls in a very polite, and helpful manner.

So all in all I don't mind waiting a bit more, but of course that doesn't mean I like it. Still hope they will dispatch my order before the end of next week.

anlygi

My dates pretty much match CallMeJoda's. If PCS had been open about the build time from the start they would have made more money as I would have paid for fast track. I NEED the Ultrabook by next Thursday which now seems unrealistic, especially as I pay more for Northern Ireland delivery and have to wait two days. If it does not enter build tomorrow I may have to take drastic measures and a trip to the Apple store...

It's saying 8-10 working days still for new Lafite purchases which I think is a bit dishonest of them.

Greenman

Enthusiast
Processed Date 04-01-2016

Got stock in today for mine now so hoping it enters building tomorrow.

Mine now says in building, but I got an email saying it's awaiting testing. With any luck it might be dispatched tomorrow