SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Time to dig this thread out !
Fours songs from really different kind of world :D

Yo-yo Ma, Libertango, based on Piazzolla music

Norah Jones, come away with me

Pharrel Williams, Freedom

Jimi Hendrix, All along the watchtower
I absolutely adore Norah Jones, there's a particular copy of "Come Away With Me" that I'm after, but have to import it from the states and it's not cheap. She is so wonderful.

Tron1982

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I absolutely adore Norah Jones, there's a particular copy of "Come Away With Me" that I'm after, but have to import it from the states and it's not cheap. She is so wonderful.
I had some beautifull (and bitter sweet) experience with the album this song is from when i was "young"
I really like her and this song send me back to my childhood.
Anyway, one day, i really have to buy all her albums

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Happy Saturday everyone, just posting this as it gets me bopping every time, good old Ascension (Lange remix) from 1998

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
@SpyderTracks took me right back seeing Lange. Kevin and Perry go Large immediately springs to mind but it takes me back to a period with so many nostalgic tracks. Not least of which below:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
@SpyderTracks took me right back seeing Lange. Kevin and Perry go Large immediately springs to mind but it takes me back to a period with so many nostalgic tracks. Not least of which below:

Just wonderful :love:

You may have grown out of the club tunes, but if not, Lange is currently selling limited quantities of a few compilation records in a series called "Retrospect", currently 4 available (4th one is still on preorder, big delay). So worth picking up, a lot of the tracks on there cost hundreds of pounds for a single copy in decent condition.

Solarstone, Thrillseekers, Mike Push and many more are doing similarly through covid as they couldn't perform, so there are some absolute gems about at the moment but all very limited quantities. The upcoming Thrillseekers "Reconnected Anthems" (again, facing delays, still on preorder) is an absolute stonker as well as Mike Push's recently announced series of classics.

Plus the bonus that Bandcamp take very little cash, most of it goes to the artists.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
I absolutely love this track, fully believe it's Kylie's best work.

Cave is a dark dark soul!
Not really an appropriate track for this thread but I’ve listened to it about ten times in the last couple of days, it’s hauntingly wonderful.

And it landed in what I think is Ms Minogue’s best era. Her eponymous album around that time was mental good. I don’t know who she was working with at the time production-wise but Confide In Me, Automatic Love, and Put Yourself In My Place are brilliant pop tracks.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Not really an appropriate track for this thread but I’ve listened to it about ten times in the last couple of days, it’s hauntingly wonderful.

And it landed in what I think is Ms Minogue’s best era. Her eponymous album around that time was mental good. I don’t know who she was working with at the time production-wise but Confide In Me, Automatic Love, and Put Yourself In My Place are brilliant pop tracks.
Wow, totally forgot about Confide In Me, that was a great track.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Wow, totally forgot about Confide In Me, that was a great track.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine

Both on wantlist, thanks for that!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
This has to be one of the all time best records of the 90's, each time I listen to it it elevates me to being an ecstatic teenager.

20220301_200045.jpg

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
This is by no means a classic, but I think moreso because it's not a mainstream release.

This is "How Will I Know" by The Thrillseekers aka Steve Helstrip, the singer is Stine Grove. It's off his first album "Escape" on Future Sound Of Egypt label released in 2016

It took him 10 years to finish production on this album. He's without doubt a bit of a perfectionist.

This just melts me everytime, I think Stine's voice is incredible.

I really do think it's a work of genius

Unfortunately I can only find a Preview online, not the entire song on it's album version

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
There's too many tracks to list here as I am very much a Trance/Dance/DnB person so everything makes me want to get up and move.

However, I listen to this YT playlist regularly:

Not a fan of Kevin and Perry but Human Traffic is one of my all-time favourite movies, not so much because of the movie itself but for the locations (was filmed where I spent my nightclubbing years) and the insane soundtrack.

These 4 will always make me stop whatever I am doing and close my eyes to focus on them as they either make me smile, give me goosebumps or bring back memories, though usually all 3 of those at once:

All superb, I've just picked up a Mint copy of Lizard on vinyl, very proud of that.